Which over pants do you like best?

stevet

I need some better protective pants. I've got Kevlar jeans but they definitely don't seem like adequate protection. I was thinking leather but it seems most people think they're not comfortable, too hot or look funny when walking around. Overpants seem to be popular and I can see they'd be more protective and you can take them off with your jeans on underneath. What are your thoughts and which types of pants do you like best? I looked at the Tourmaster Monroes, Scorpion Exowear Deuce and Scorpion XDR AWE.

roadrat

Chucker

I've got Scorpion Deuce and love them. I wear them over dress pants to work, and with just underwear when going out for a ride. They're cool without the liner in and wind-proof with it. I recommend them. If you're tall, get longs and I would suggest going one size larger than you wear in jeans.

stevet

I wound up getting the Scorpion Deuce pants. I am 5-11 175 lbs,with a 33-34" waist. The large fit best with my kevlar jeans underneath. I had to take the liner out for it to work but probably wouldn't use the liner anyway. They had the best protection and lots of good benefits. I had to adjust the knee armor as high as possible. I tried the Tourmasters and although they were good I preferred the Scorpions because they are heavier with good protection. They aren't overly bulky and look good too. The ride home was very comfortable in 60 degree weather with Shift kevlar jeans underneath. I did feel a sense of being better protected. There is a belt loop in the back that I know should be sewn on better and I'll get that done. I bought a Cortech tail bag while at the bike shop and that fits the pants and a few small items. It was a stretch to get my leg up and over the tail bag while wearing the Scorpion Deuce's but I'll find a more efficient way to do that. I do feel better protected. At almost 63 I've been blessed with a strong, lean, healthy body and I want to keep it that way. ATGATT.

Last edited:

txjames

Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
I've got Scorpion Deuce and love them. I wear them over dress pants to work, and with just underwear when going out for a ride. They're cool without the liner in and wind-proof with it. I recommend them. If you're tall, get longs and I would suggest going one size larger than you wear in jeans.

I second this recommendation!

I had to get the smallest size and I was still able to wear full armored pants and 2 pairs of long johns in their 30 waist size. I love the pants.

txjames

Elite Member