Which exhaust tip to get?

Lefty

OK, so spring is almost here and I'm gonna do the exhaust mod. I need to get an automotive exhaust tip.

I looked around and found tons of tips, MBRP, Magaflow, FlowMaster, SLP, etc. Is one better than the other, do the exhaust tips make a different sound, or are they all the same? I assume the 4.5" length is the length I need, anymore would be sticking out too much?

Also my friend who welds for a living said he can weld it while it's on the bike. Would this hurt my bike in anyway (like the bike's computer CDI)?

Cheers.

Last edited:

TokenSSDD

OK, so spring is almost here and I'm gonna do the exhaust mod. I need to get an automotive exhaust tip.

I looked around and found tons of tips, MBRP, Magaflow, FlowMaster, SLP, etc. Is one better than the other, do the exhaust tips make a different sound, or are they all the same? I assume the 4.5" length is the length I need, anymore would be sticking out too much?

Also my friend who welds for a living said he can weld it while it's on the bike. Would this hurt my bike in anyway (like the bike's computer CDI)?

Cheers.
Not to be rude, but there's been a ton of other threads relating this. The "search" is your friend lol.

And prepare to be massacred...

JSP

Super Moderator

Cheers.
Whichever one you like best. I would look at ones in the shops you can actually hold up to the bike so you can make sure it will look right.

Lefty

Not to be rude, but there's been a ton of other threads relating this. The "search" is your friend lol.

And prepare to be massacred...
I searched and found alot of talk about the mod itself, but no talk about the different tips you can buy and which ones give a deeper tone than others.

Good idea Jspansel, I'll go to a shop and see which ones look good rather than looking on the internet.

Thanks.

6R Blackout

The LOUDEST one!! Just kidding, get the one that best suits you and your ear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Lefty

The LOUDEST one!! Just kidding, get the one that best suits you and your ear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!
I agree, lol. Actually I passed a friend on mine on his 2010 Vmax and he didn't hear me until I was in front of him. That had me worried, that people can't hear me passing them, which is why I'm doing the mod.

I see that Cherry Bomb has exhaust tips, I wonder how loud they are? :)

Cheers.