which connector is which for rear signal

rskinz6r

lol so i umm forgot to look at which signal matches each connector (black, grey). Im preping the wiring with electical tape and cut off the connectors from the rear signals. If anyone can let me know asap it would be greatly appreciated!

kevin8198

Elite Member

Deanohh

Here's your "hook" to remember them. Right and Black are spelled with 5 letters. Left and Gray are spelled with 4 letters.

rskinz6r

lol well as you all were typing i went out to the garage and just connected my front signals to each and figured it out, and then looked in the front and realized the connectors are the same colors for each side (black/right, grey/left).

rskinz6r

i did have on more question. when i turned the bike on i noticed the signal indicator stayed lit green. Does it do this since one turn signal was not connected? I was asking becuase im not planning on using a plate light since i never ride it at night. Since i wont be using one will any lights come on the instrument cluster?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Deanohh

With all the guys I see riding around with the license plate way up in front of the rear wheel with mud all over it so that it is impossible for anyone to read it, , the light is probably the least thing to worry about.

However, I would hook up a plate light anyway, but that's just me.

rskinz6r

well im gonna forego the plate and keep it if i ever do decide to put it on. The only problem im having now is i wiring everything up and soldered it and tested it and one light lit up like a running light and the other didnt. Took them off and tested them each on a battery and they lit up. Any ideas??? I am using the stock connectors from the rear signals