where to put my purse

Tervuren

Hi I'm new to bikes and this forum, passed my test and put abou 50 miles on my new (well new to me ) fz6r~2009. And my big problem is what to do with my purse I don't really want to carry a backpack and Idont like tank bags. Do tail bags affect the ballance of a bile bike and can some one suggest a good size well fitting one or alternative suggestion . Don't like backpacks because they make you warmer and you have to take it in to where ever you have just arrived.

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a lady, but I will offer some advice. I don't carry a purse, but I do take a soft-sided lunch box to work every day. What I have found that works really well is to run the shoulder strap under the rear seat and lock it down into place. The seat locks and holds the strap in place preventing the lunch box from moving and sliding around.

You may be able to do the same thing with a purse. Just a suggestion. :thumbup:

CDN6R

Well I am not a woman either,I carry a wallet but I just wanted to say:Welcome to the Club!:canada: Congrats on the purchase of the FZ6R and wondered,, does the color of your 6R match the color of your purse?:steve: You will find great people here and alot of knowledge,,something I do not posess!. See I acn't even spell correctly! Laurie!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

I always use a bungee net to strap my carry on items. I can hold 2 full bags of groceries, lunch box etc. A passenger can sit on the netting and it stays on the bike all the time. The hooks fit great on the bar around the back end. I don't know what I'm going to do with the Daytona.....there isn't any easy place to put the hooks.

ME_with_a_B

Purse?! On a motorcycle?! ;)

With all the pockets in my riding jackets and pants, I have found I can go without a purse. Well, my tankbag doubles as my purse when I'm out riding - it's just large enough to carry my wallet, phone, camera, toll-transponder, and insurance paperwork.

But I also use a bungee-net across my pillion seat for days when I need to carry more.

J.J.

I use a Cortech Tail Bag. You'd be surprised how much you can put in there & no issues on the road. I did put some colormatched electrical tape on my plastics to stop marring the plastic w/ black marks of the bungees. Probably on black it is not big deal but yellow shows the rub marks. Its stayed on without issues & has a large handle for carrying it if you want it off the bike.

behindXgrnXeyes

Agreeing with ME with a B. I only ride with what I NEED. I have pockets for my cell phone, ID, credit card, debit card,Insurce/Registration, House Keys and my Ipod.

If you are looking to carring anything else, then i would suggest taking one of the guy's suggestion on tank bags and I myself also have a net work when I go out to dinner or something and i need to have a place to put my leftovers.

Im a minimalist when it comes to the bike I guess :) i dont like anything on it or my back

Heineken

Elite Member

Spunky99

So that's how you carry your male purse, :eek: ,got it! Nice touch in calling your purse a soft lunch bag :thumbup:.
I wear a nylon fanny pack sometimes....

Chucker

Try one of these. Unobtrusive when not in use. Expand enough for your purse, lunchbags, some groceries. It just can't be used with a passenger. I like the idea of it going around the seat so you can leave it on all of the time.

The Cycle Guys Online Store

XTRAWLD

I'm a girl and I'll speak up.

I have a thin metallic case that holds up to 8 credit cards or so and I put all my ID in it, cards, etc and a couple bills of money. I take my ins and ownership and it all slips into one pocket in my jacket or pants. Chapstick/lipstick and anything to hold my hair back goes in the same pocket. The only tricky bit is a pair of glasses/sunglasses for use when I'm not riding, and that can go in a case in another pocket depending on what riding pants I'm wearing and I usually take a package of kleenex in the same pocket as the glasses case. (Helps the padding so the case doesn't dig into me)

I really don't like getting weighed down with much on my person. So I usually just do the chapstick, ID, hair tie and ins/ownership deal.

If I commute to work, I have to bring a change of clothes and my lunch and have opted for the backpack idea. Ya it's uncomfortable and sometimes cumbersome but it's functional. I tried a tank bag and didn't like that it obscured my view of my dash.

Now I have a Kappa trunk and anything goes in there and there is no worry. Depending on a trunk you get (and how much you put in there), you may notice it, or you may not.

You aren't trying to win a beauty pagent out there, and being a chick on a bike should give you enough points without having to lug the kitchen sink with you every time you ride!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

XTRAWLD

Hardy har boys.

:)

I find the most difficult part about the backpack is getting it on and off, I actually don't know it's there most of the time...but still, I'll be doing the trunk thing from now on.

IRT the tank bag. It was a massive thing. No joke. (We are talking on my old ninja, not on the 6). It had to hold a change of clothes and my shoes and my lunch. I would have been better to have it sitting on the rear seat, but it wasn't easy to just strap on there. So I couldn't actually just glance down to check my speedo, I had to lean forward to see while riding. It was just the angle and height of the bag that was just awful. Hmmm, I don't think I ever took a pic of the ugly thing on the bike, but if you saw it, you'd understand!

AFDavis11

I like the tail bag idea. I forget that purses usually don't close completely. That would be a big problem for some ideas presented here.

Tervuren

Further information

I think I will be going with the tail bag, and though I agree on a bike I'm not trying to win any beauty pageant I still plan to use the bike for daily life. Though I don't need a computer for work I have a few other items for the job. But the best way for me to carry all these is a purse, and carrying a backpack only to put a purse is silly, and I'm not a fan of the backpack while riding. Thank you all for the suggestions I think that either a cortech or oxford tail bag will fulfill the position. (though I will be taking the bungee net suggestion for grocery/other shopping )