wheelie HELP

bubbazaay

When I ride wheelies on my bike, i noticed you have to be right around 6k rpm then you left off and snap on quickly and ride her all the way through 1st gear.

Recvery

The balance point for a nice long wheelie on this bike is almost vertical. I've heard its mainly because the engine is pitched a few degrees forward to keep her down. So as I've Learned, you gotta go big or go home to wheelie an fz6r. that means dropping the f#ck out of her if you dont know what your doing. I know because I've done it (on private property of course), fixed her, and done it again. Im an idiot but practice makes perfect.

rwb828

Not worth it

I have tried to pop them before. I've gotten the front end up. In my opinion, it's not worth it to do it. I have seen my friends mess their brand new bikes up thinking they could do it like they did on their old bikes. Unless you're a professional stunt rider, there is no need to be doing wheelies at all.

latony007

I have tried to pop them before. I've gotten the front end up. In my opinion, it's not worth it to do it. I have seen my friends mess their brand new bikes up thinking they could do it like they did on their old bikes. Unless you're a professional stunt rider, there is no need to be doing wheelies at all.
i pretty much agree with this, wheelie doesnt get you anything. However if you want to do them that bad get an fz09 you will be doing wheelies whether you want to or not :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

davet7469

This is how i learned to do a wheelie on my fz6r, i only got a few inches up so far but not as god as this guy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqdYvMadiU . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVzoDuu9jEg . So i tried puling the throttle back more which takes more time to release the clutch, but it doesnt work. it's key to do it all in one motion as he explained in the video. I'm trying to practice more but saying it is illegal and im kinda new at riding, i dont try and push my luck. good luck hope it helps and good luck.

Bert-Aus

I remember those days... lol I now have the opposite problem. :)
If I get impatient I have the same problem -but after the apex, which then causes me to run wide

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

mike

The Fz6r is the wrong bike for wheelie's it can be done though. Try second gear around 6000 rpm stand up on the pegs and bounce when the suspension is fully depressed give it full throttle. You just have to time it right and be careful!! Ease off throttle as the bike comes up so you don't loop it and keep the back brake covered just in case you need to bring it back down. Please don't do this on public roads!! I don't recommend trying first gear as the bike will loop a lot easier. This should be done by experienced riders only! If your new to riding i suggest you learn to ride the bike first there is a lot that go wrong real fast. Good luck and use good judgement if your not sure if your ready for wheelies then you probably not. My R1 on the other hand i have a hard time keeping the front wheel down on hard acceleration.
R1 pic.jpg
This is done on private property.

brownwa

Track days on my XJ

As mentioned, in trying to accelerate quickly, one should have that front wheel just hovering off the road. Honestly not going to set the world on fire with my Xj, but when my skill increases and my bike gets bigger, having control of these simple skills will be to my advantage. not to mention its just fkn fun on the track to imagine your a super star :D

Controlling a wheelie is helping me control that balance point during acceleration.

And as mentioned. they are just fun :p
I've seen the instructors do wheelies during a track day, right before the f***ing corkscrew at Laguna. I nearly emptied my bowls watching. It looks bada** but I'm content not wrecking my bike. That being said... I did wheelie the fz6r on the first day I got it. Was at a light and wanted to test out the acceleration. Did a clutch drop and cranked it, front wheel came up about 3 inches. It's a sin to have that much fun by yourself.

itsjohn56

Try second gear around 6000 rpm stand up on the pegs and bounce when the suspension is fully depressed give it full throttle. You just have to time it right and be careful!!
I wouldn’t recommend starting with stand up wheelies, when I learned to wheelie, even after I got somewhat good at it I tried to do one standing up and almost shot the bike out from under me.
not saying you will, but i was definitely not as prepared as I should have been.
I accidentally learned to do wheelies by having road rage at a stop light... I was revving while in the friction zone and dropped the clutch, it seems to pick the bike up waaay easier than if you pull the clutch in all the way and get more of a clunk when you dump it, instead of a smooth pick up.
and I know I sound like douche rider, and I'm sorry I don’t mean to be ..:Slap:

A lot more can go wrong standing up if you're not ready for it. As the nose pops your body mass can easily move rearwards which twists your wrist and soon you're in trouble! To do it standing means you must be smooth and not yanking or jerking as throttle input will not be controlled like it should be. I would not suggest standing as a way to learn. Go get a dirt bike and have fun!
Be safe folks...

itsjohn56

yeah i messed up the quote, but what i was getting at. and it will never come up straddling the gas tank and tucked in, so keep that in mind