Wheel bearing issue...

Therzdae

Hey ya'll just wanted to bounce this off some of you and see if this is normal.
I took my bike to the shop after it was feeling loose in the front, and making insane loud road noise. The shop says I have bad front bearings... Mind you I have a 2011 FZ6r with only 3,300 miles... Do they typically go bad after that little miles? Is this a possible recall ? ( i hope) or what could cause this to happen so early?

Thanks,
Brice

bleedinblue

Elite Member

mdgreene2001

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your problem.

I have almost 14k on my 2011 with no issue.How did you wash your bike out of curiosity?

6k on my 2009 I bought last year... no problems I am putting on michlin pp3's tires on Monday. first set front tire is cupped and worn out. rear is ok but I'm replace with pp3's

JSP

Super Moderator
Don't think ive heard of any going bad, especially that early.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Therzdae

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your problem.

I have almost 14k on my 2011 with no issue.How did you wash your bike out of curiosity?
Typically I just use standard car soap, and the two bucket method. with a standard garden hose then ill do the flood method near the end.

Well do yall think I should take it back to the dealership i got it and say hey yall didnt seat this correctly? wtf! fix it fo free!

or am I better off just using a regular ol motorcycle shop and bite the bullet?

oh and thanks for the welcome! ive been on here a while just never posted. done tons of reading!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited: