What's your honest review of R6 exhaust mod?

stevet

Many of you have installed R6 exhausts on your FZ6R. Now that you have are you glad you did? Was the power difference worth the expense/trouble you went through? Did you have to add a power commander or juice box to compensate for the leaner running? Is it now louder than you'd like? From what I can see we'd have to use pre 06 pipes to avoid the dual headers going into the catalyst for it to work. What would be your honest review on this mod?

MikeN02

Many of you have installed R6 exhausts on your FZ6R. Now that you have are you glad you did? Was the power difference worth the expense/trouble you went through? Did you have to add a power commander or juice box to compensate for the leaner running? Is it now louder than you'd like? From what I can see we'd have to use pre 06 pipes to avoid the dual headers going into the catalyst for it to work. What would be your honest review on this mod?
When I had it I was extremely happy about the sound, only downside I thought about it was my mounting. But that was because I didn't do more research on it to get the gytr pipe like the people are doing.

Price is great too since you want more sound instead of getting a full system or messing with the stock exhaust. I did have to get a juice box, noticed the power but I ride the streets mainly.

Spunky99

I have a grin ear to ear every time I start my bike and it has 20% more power than stock. It sounds good and it goes like a bat out of hell. The extra power requires the suspension mods I did to really be safe and be able to use it.
I am 100% satisfied with what I have.

cavcuz05

I love mine just wish i would have done a different pipe but thats changing after christmas when i cut mine down...I did use a PCV with a custome dyno tune which yeilded more power than a TBR exhaust...and i only spent maybe <400

Stricken

I like it! Now I wish a company would make a steering dampner for our bike. WOT with the FZ6R (r6 headers + PCV) lifts the front end and wobbles a bit.

Spunky99

I like it! Now I wish a company would make a steering dampner for our bike. WOT with the FZ6R (r6 headers + PCV) lifts the front end and wobbles a bit.
I like wobble.....it wakes you up....

btastarsky

The sound is awesome, power is more plentiful, and my setup just looks race-bred. I did put a juicebox on for the additonal power and safer afr. Total cost for mine was $360

I too had the front end come up once! I had 12k on the tach going uphill on my way home from work and felt the front end lift up a couple inches. Kinda scared me but also felt cool. I found that with better tires, a steering dampener may not be necessary. My shinko's are gripping like glue right now and I never feel like i'm overpowering them. Gotta love the 170 width!

Overall score for the r6 header mod: :Sport: