What's fair deal on used 6R?

Grinch79

So for those out there thinking of trading in/up/out or like I am what does everything think is a good fair price on a 6R?

I was offered $5,000 on trade from the dealer this weekend. I know mileage doesn't matter a whole lot from NADA or what I've seen but I'm at 700 miles.

So is this something everyone being an owner yourself feel is fair or should I attempt to sell outright? I remember a month ago I made the attempt on this forum for $6800 and had everything but stones thrown at me so I won't make the same mistake twice. Just looking for some advice from those who've been around motorcycles much longer than I have.

Thanks

Roaddawg

So for those out there thinking of trading in/up/out or like I am what does everything think is a good fair price on a 6R?

I was offered $5,000 on trade from the dealer this weekend. I know mileage doesn't matter a whole lot from NADA or what I've seen but I'm at 700 miles.

So is this something everyone being an owner yourself feel is fair or should I attempt to sell outright? I remember a month ago I made the attempt on this forum for $6800 and had everything but stones thrown at me so I won't make the same mistake twice. Just looking for some advice from those who've been around motorcycles much longer than I have.

Thanks
I would take the $5k the dealer is offering. That sounds like a really fair price for a dealer trade-in. I would've expected a dealer to give you $3.5-4K and really rape you. I know your miles are way low, but when they are selling 2009's for $5995 as brand new, your probably not going to get much more than that on the open market, unless its someone naive. Take the $5k and try to negotiate some add-ons or service on the new one.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Grinch79

Dealer took a fair amount off their suggested retail sticker price on both bikes I was looking at. Seems like used '08 GSX-6R's are going for around $6,500 on ebay all day long.

Just trying to see which holds a longer value knowing as soon as I take the key I get to assume the position all over again.

JonKerr

Elite Member

owldaddy

I'd take that deal too, I paid less then $5k for a new 09 just a few months ago. OTD it was less then $6200, just goes to show what the state takes in taxes and other fees.

Bigevildoer

Thanks
Well, your trade in depends on where you live. For example, in Canada, I ended up paying $9500 brand new for mine after taxes. Now, I've been trying to sell it for $6750 (after $500 in upgrades) without any success. Dealers are now selling new 09's for $7K. So, I've lost $3K easy right off the bat.. *sigh*

Now, when you go to buy your new bike, it's VERY important to do the following:
1) Negotiate price of new bike.
2) Negotiate value of trade-in.
3) Buy or Walk.

This way the dealer can't screw you - don't even show or tell him the condition of your FZ6R. Negotiate his best price, then the trade. You'll walk away with a better deal than doing the buy/trade all at once.

TOMIK

Like some folks mentioned, its all depends how much are they selling the newone, dealer can easly inflate numbers and show you what you like to see for your trade, make sure you get the good deal on your purchase befor you negotiate on your trade. $5000.00 its a very good value. I paid $5400.00 on my brand new 09 three months ago. Good luck on your new purchase, take your time and shop shop shop.:)

Detrich

Is there such a thing as a "Car Fax" for bikes, or does the database for Car Fax also includes bikes?

How would one check when buying a used bike?

F

FZ6R_Blue

I bought mine its an 09 with 2k miles for 4799 and that includes a $200 recondition come spring