What would you do

• Upgrade to R1

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Stay with FZ6R

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Upgrade to something else

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
Have you ever cruised on a harley and an R1.... I think not so, I have. It was comfortable for me, I did it for an hour the other day and I was completely happy doing so.

Not sure if you misunderstood my post or not.

You can cruise a R1 slow and low RPM and it still makes plenty of power like a Harley. Or you can run it at high RPM like a MotoGP bike. It's a liter bike so it has lots of power both on the low end and at the top and lots of torque.
Here is a CBR1000 and a R1

r1_cbr1000.jpg

for comparison, here is the R6 and some other SuperSport bikes.

61285Supersport-Torque.JPG

I ride a Daytona 955i so I know what gobs of low RPM torque is on a Sport bike.

I didn't go over any aspect of comfort at all in my post. Just that you don't have to drive the R1 at high RPM and fast like a MotoGP race bike to enjoy the ride as another post indicated.

Last edited:
Not sure if you misunderstood my post or not.

You can cruise a R1 slow and low RPM and it still makes plenty of power like a Harley. Or you can run it at high RPM like a MotoGP bike. It's a liter bike so it has lots of power both on the low end and at the top and lots of torque.
Here is a CBR1000 and a R1

http://www.dynobike.com/images/graphs/r1_cbr1000.jpg

for comparison, here is the R6 and some other SuperSport bikes.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/61285Supersport-Torque.JPG

I ride a Daytona 955i so I know what gobs of low RPM torque is on a Sport bike.

I didn't go over any aspect of comfort at all in my post. Just that you don't have to drive the R1 at high RPM and fast like a MotoGP race bike to enjoy the ride as another post indicated.
lol, okay, my bad, I saw harley and thought you were dissing the R1, lol.

I hate harly cruising, I don't like to get that kind of vibration on my boys... lol.

lol, okay, my bad, I saw harley and thought you were dissing the R1, lol.

I hate harly cruising, I don't like to get that kind of vibration on my boys... lol.

It's a girl thang......lol

Back