What to do in Napa, CA?

pyrocpu

... and don't say wine tasting. :)

Will be in Napa for a few days, for work next week. Wanted to see if anyone might happen to know what one could do there...

ry-mac75

Drinking wine and killing time, mon ami!

pyrocpu

Hmmm. It will be mostly evenings that I'll be free. I guess I should have mentioned that. :D

Spunky99

joloy133

... and don't say wine tasting. :)

Will be in Napa for a few days, for work next week. Wanted to see if anyone might happen to know what one could do there...
Numerous fine restaurants: French Laundry, Morimotos, really too many to name all. See a movie, shopping, there's a music scene too. Look up Roaddawg!!!!!

pyrocpu

Okie doke, sounds good!
Joloy133 & Roaddawg will get a PM shortly. :)

Roaddawg

There are tons of different restaurants, but I'll mention just a few of my favorites:

Downtown Joe's is in downtown Napa on Main Street and 2nd Street. They usually have a live band on Fri and Sat. Its a brewery and grill right in the heart of downtown. Only about 5 mins from where your staying.

If you want Mexican food, Villa Corona (good for lunch) is on Trancas Ave in the Bel Air Shopping center. It's hidden behind Umpqua Bank. Or, the Red Hen Cantina on Solano Ave just north of Wine Country Lane. I recommend either of these. Red Hen has a bar also.

If your going upvalley, Rutherford Grill is good. They have good BBQ, but in a nice setting. You can bring your own wine in and they don't charge a corkage fee (at least the last time I was there, they didn't).

All these ones are casual nice and affordable and "where the locals go". You won't be disappointed with any of these.

pyrocpu

Ended up pretty much staying at the The Carneros Inn most of the duration. Work fed me there at FARM, as well as the Boon Fly Cafe... a bit pricey, but when work's paying for everything... :D

Beautiful scenery, beautiful weather. Wish I had the FZ6R with me, but made do!

Thanks again for the tips guys! :)