What I want from my fz6r

See red

Ok, so as we all know there are a few of us who are turning these into sport tourers. I already owned my all time favorite bike. Sorry, I haven't even started to mod my 6r for the duty it is going to do. I am still waitng for my windscreen, and I actually have the the givi luggage, I went and bought my other bike and have been having a renewed love affair for now. lol!:D:steve:

dam can't post pics. or at least I am too stupid to know how lmao!

I will try again in a few.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

See red

I tried to pass it up..... I couldn't! I took these the day I bought it, still in the showroom, I got it with 1500 miles on it and for 3k!!!!! my buddy owns the dealership so he called me and was screaming get over here I have something for you lol! I went, I didn't even flinch, heres the moneys. :eek:

My wife is not so happy but she got it over.

See red

I should really put the dam bags on the 6r so I can start using it more, but I really need to wait for the windsheild. I am hoping Marthy gets it done soon. I love the idea of a smaller version with the 6r. Although the weight difference isn't enough to care about. the Aprilia weighs in at 480lbs. and is a v twin 1000cc's. Mph should be better on the smaller bike, and it is more flickable, so, we will see how the love triangle goes lmao!

See red

Lazyness has a price...... come to find out ..... IT'S CHEAP AS HELL!!!! lmao!!!

I took out my bikes over the past 6 days. 3 days each. The Aprilia ...... enough said. lol! The 6r, ok I wanted to be lazy and STILL have yet to mount the luggage... I know, anyways I went and got a quick lazy way to jump into it and beat it up for a few days. For around 160 dollars I got a Chase harper magnetic tank bag, tail bag, and put on the marthy screen. :thumbup:

Ok, I went from Chicago to Galena, then shot north to Minn. came around and made a big circle. day one done. Next I took it back to galena, came back on route 11 through wisconsin, and cut across some back roads with a friend who lives in the land of cows and beer. we abruptly shot north and got all the way to the top of door county, before turning back down to Chicago.

My 2cents?? power was good enough to grin, handling was decent, and the two little bags that could served quite well for a 2 day outing. I also don't bring the house with me. I will say it does quite well as a minnie S.T.

I have now got 6k on the odo with only one short ride in. Seems to be solid, I am going to be putting on some freakin aux. lights though! I almost ate a deers arse, dam thing was running in the road same direction as us lmao! I can just see THAT phone call, " Glen I wrecked the little bike, yes it was my fault I rear ended them, lmao!!!!!!" But they didn't have working tail lights!

CrazyCawi

Im very jealous of ya and your motorbike situation.

CrazyCawi

hahahahaha! Thats awesome uno!~ I wqas thinking the same thing, but thats the joy of knowing a stealership owner, just imagine he got it for 3k...most stealerships would price that at like 8-9k minimum ;)

AFDavis11

I'm having a blast with my FZ6R touring gear too. The Givi hard bags just make the bike. I have the Laminar Lip too. I parked the bike outside the garage a few days ago and the wife said "Now that is a cool bike!"

Jay S.

I'm having a blast with my FZ6R touring gear too. The Givi hard bags just make the bike. I have the Laminar Lip too. I parked the bike outside the garage a few days ago and the wife said "Now that is a cool bike!"
Which laminar lip did you get? I've seen a couple on Twisted Throttle, one is a clip on and the other you have to drill holes in your windscreen. I was considering an aftermarket screen but no one really says how great they are. I read on another site about guys with GSX650F's using lips and they swear by them. Just curious...

I'm ordering the Givi bags next month! Can't wait. How did the bag install go?

Jay

See red

I will be running the little guy again this weekend. That means another weekend will go by and I will have 7 boxes o' stuff to yet be put on it... lmao! I am only goin for 2 days, so the little lazy set up will have to work.

We are planning on running one of three places.
1. Galena, down the river road to pierre Marquette down to shawnee national, and back up and around the indiana side.
2. Galena north and up through the U. P. back around through monominee and straight south through beer city.
3. completely other way. Louisville down through tenn. and back around through shawnee natoinal then up through the great river road and back east from Galena.

Any thoughts on these? each trip is upwards of 2500 miles. All have great riding mixed with typical flat crap from ill. lol! All three are a hoot.:D

See red

I run across a ton of bikes for the "right" price! Found a 2010 k1600gt for 7500 with 3k on the odo.!!!!!! My friend now owns it. Found a 2009 triumph sprint st with 800 miles on it, 2500! Also another friend has that one.

They are out there, just look lol! If I was single I would have about 18 biikes by now! I am thinking I will wrap up the Aprilia and put her away for special occasions, they are getting harder to find. This may be my first museum piece:eek::justkidding: