What got you into motorcycling?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

boomer1

Had a massive heart attack 2.5 years ago at 42 and currently separating with my wife so I figure that it was something I always wanted to do and I could die tomorrow so why not do it and enjoy it today.:cool:

Cerebus

Good for you for losing the weight. How much did you lose? What caused you to make the change?
Down 130 so far and I've started to level off. I had bariatric surgery last May ...some friends convinced me that they wanted me around longer. Their logic was sound. :)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

DragonBlu

I was about 12 when my older cousin towed me behind his car. I was on a bicycle holding onto a rope tied to his back bumper. As I remember we hit 35mph. I was hooked on speed and two wheels from that day and had to get something with a motor on it. I started riding at 14. Bought my first road bike at 16.

Y

yellowfz

Wow some flashbacks from some of the posts, for me it was a ride on a minibike, then got my own Cushman scooter, was old and wasn't very fast but it moved. Later got a Yamaha 175cc, that was a beast of a thing.
First taste of the street was on a old 125cc Suzuki enduro, first fast street was a Yamaha RZ350.
First street drift was way back on a old Kawasaki 650 showing off in San Antonio on how to power slide (drift as they call it now) on a street bike like a dirt bike.
First mono, can't remember been doing that for so long.

When a young person says they are the resident bad a$$, I laugh and think -- I was bad before you were had (born). :eek: You know who I who you are. :D :justkidding:

MiniMose

What got me into motorcycling

months back my truck blew up... then a few days later... it caught on fire.

i was left with a 50cc Ruckus to mob around on. i rode it for about 3-4 months. the entire time i started researching motorcycles, and then i saw ChaseOnTwoWheels youtube channel... that pretty much solidified it for me. the reasons:

1: solidarity. there is very few other interests that span such different types that all band together like this.

2: i have learned a lot about me, including my contribution to the venomous anger that came from being trapped in a cage (to use the vernacular, as cliche as it may be). i like me better on a bike.

3: cause it's frakkin' fun.

4: it makes you look like a certified BA, even if you lack the ability to back up those looks.

5: because corners, that's why.

6: see 3.

-MiniMose

Sage

My grandpa has been a motorcyclist all his life, I remember riding around with him and it got me hooked since I was like 4. I got my license when i turned 18 and wish I would have sooner >.< I still want to fix up his old 175cc H-D

MaximumHP

I loved riding bicycles as a kid (still do), and fell in love with sport bikes in the early 90’s in high school. I always wanted one, but Mom said no while I was living under her roof (My aunt and uncle, her brother, were killed on a motorcycle, so she still doesn’t want me to have one I’m sure) Once I moved out I got a scooter, kinda for my wife, but really I knew I’d be the one driving it. Loved it, but being speed limited I couldn’t always use it how I’d like. Moved to a Ninja 250, and now to the FZ6R.

I think what I like about bikes is their performance focus. I love anything high performance, and cars have become so pedestrian it seems. The bike is a refreshing change, you feel the road and in control with shifting etc. It takes some level of concentration and skill, whereas driving a cage can be done while texting apparently. If you ask my wife, I bought the bike to get better mileage commuting to work, but we all know why I really got it… cause it’s fun!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

2: i have learned a lot about me, including my contribution to the venomous anger that came from being trapped in a cage (to use the vernacular, as cliche as it may be). i like me better on a bike.

-MiniMose
I like that. I moved south though.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BradSPE

Chicks. But I think they forgot to put the magnet in my bike. I will need to have them take a look at that.

Maadi

Listening to bands like Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest and W.A.S.P as a kid.

Of course I didn't start riding until I was 25, but that's where the desire to do so came from. :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member