What do you drive when your not riding?

dx2killa

Just as the title says( maybe this has been done before) post up what your caging or driving around when your not on your bike. I did have a Scion TC till January when someone rear-ended me and totaled my car now I have this. Sucks on the gas and drives like crap in the winter... but come spring/summer when I'm riding a lot its perfect on the off days your not riding especially with the t-tops down :p

dx2killa

As everyonse has seen already, this is my current ride!
My dad is a big chevy guy, but is a even bigger vette guy but hes more into the older stuff. He was a 72 that hes been restoring/tinkering with for the past 8 years. He was going to put her together last year and just needed to be painted but his shop burnt down from a break in . He lost nearly all his interior and had to disassemble his engine (427) and clean everything and put it back together. Hes slowly gathering interior parts again.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dx2killa

Here some of the cool cars I drove. I use to have a 2006 Suzuki Aerio, just trade her in over Xmas fro a 2012 Ford Fiesta SE. Nice little 40 MPG car...
Middle car is absolute smex :eek:! I luv those mustangs :p. I'm a big muscle car guy I had a third gen firebird as my second car then got the TC (first financed car)... then the transam after that. I'm looking at a 72 Javelin right now that a family friend has for a future resto project. Thats if we can afford it ;P

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dx2killa

Besides the bike I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer 4dr 4x4 & a 2010 Honda Accord EX.

The Accord is already up to 46k miles. So now only use that on weekend errands trying to re-set the mileage to get back to an average of 12-15k per year. So no we drive the Blazer almost everywhere. It has about 237K miles on it and we have sunk about $5-6k into maint this year on it via new idler arms/balljoints/wheel bearing/cat converter, fuel injector.... Now need to clean or replace the Mass Airflow Sensor. Watched a video though and looks pretty easy so I might try to do that myself (clean $10, replace $140). Blazer has to last for 3.5 more years till the car is paid off then hopefully 2 years beyond that for downpayment buildup on a new truck. Then car will need to last for 2 years atleast after a new truck paid off.... thus the trying to conserve miles on car. If decent riding wx, I figure I can do about 12-14k on truck, 8-12k on bike, then that leaves only about 5-10k per year at most on car (as long as truck doesnt have major problems).
You sound like you got a nice plan going! I'm hoping my car lasts till i pay off my bike.. But with my planning to cam and track it every once in awhile well see haha. All I know is I'm glad I have my bike because once my foot goes on the gas in my car.. my gas gauge is flying down ;P

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

bloodypulp

My 13 yr old f-150.used to work in her all the time . Just sucks too much gas so she just sits and waits for rainy days.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365701327.166843.jpg

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

arse

I lease a 2010 Mazda 3. When that is up in August I plan to go car-less until December. Will just be buying a 4k Toyota.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MaximumHP

The Current Line Up…

The X:

The Vette:

The G (Wife’s Car):

2000 Neon too, but don’t have any pictures of it

Some of my past loves…

The Truck:

Maxima:

The Z: