What did you do to your bike today?

Drennan57

From empty with a filter change, just put 3 qts in it and be done with it.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
That's what i'm going to do from now on. I did that and then decided to drain a bit and dropped the drain plug so too much came out then i added too much and now have to drain some more again lol. I'm having lot's of fun!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Was riding around today, and noticed my turn signal went out. I went naked because I wrecked my fairings. This required me to extend the harness on the turn signals to fit where I mounted them. Fiddled with new wires, but couldn't get it to work. Got home, and found the main harness before the plug got pinched somewhere, and crushed the turn signal wire. Sliced open the loom, crimped on a short repair piece, and covered it with shrink wrap. Rerouted the wiring more closer to the frame, and now my turn signal works again.

BzB

fun week. got parts in and did the install bit by bit during the week. started on tuesday and finished on thursday...

-power commander v and connected the speed sensor wire.
-kn air filter. thought about airbox mod, but decided to wait.
-removed ais and installed block off plates to prevent popping on decel.
-two brothers exhaust system.
-changed oil/filter while fairings were off. getting old filter off was a pia. replaced with kn filter so it will be easier to remove next time around.
-loaded up marthy's advgear rev b map.

exhaust sounds great! deeper note and louder, even with powertip installed. noticeable torque increase in all gears. the pcv, marthy's map and exhaust really make a difference. in first gear can't just wring out the throttle exiting a parking lot like i used to or the front wheel wants to come up :eek:. bike pulls harder in every gear compared to stock. to be clear it wasn't lacking for power before imo, but the mods definitely take it up a notch or two. i didn't have high expectations other than a better sounding exhaust and a modest bump in power, but very pleased with the outcome. only downside is it does use more gas. ate through a tank of gas between friday and saturday and noticed about a 6 mpg drop compared to stock. but that's probably because i was accelerating hard almost every chance i got just to hear the exhaust :D. now i'll try to ride 'normally' ;) and see what mpg should be like.

to marthy for the hard work customizing the adv gear map and mistaht for the very helpful youtube vid on the install for the pcv and exhaust. much appreciated!

pics!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

skarface79

new slip on

I got the two bros slip on and the marthy solutions adapter powder coated, i got a pcv from a fellow fz6r biker really cheap now im waiting for a autotuner i got so i an drill a hole for the o2 sensor, bikes growling nice and crisp and the throttle response is on point, i downloaded a map from the powercommander website for the exhaust with a stock air filter, any recommendations on any different maps to use?

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Maadi

From empty with a filter change, just put 3 qts in it and be done with it.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
Did this during the oil change last weekend. Worked like a charm. Helps people with OCD tendencies...

Also replaced the air filter and flushed/replaced the coolant, at 23000 mi.

Gracie's a very happy bike right now!

Last weekend while cleaning the chain I checked the slack - at 70 mm! Has felt a lot more solid after got that adjusted... :eek: I ordered the chain on the bike currently from Amazon just because it was orange and matched the stripes on the wheels of my copper 2011 perfectly. I hate it. Stretchy, clunky, doesn't stay clean, already sticking slightly and it only has 7000 mi on it. The original lasted over 16000. :mad: And I clean it religiously.

lwclancers

Well, yesterday anyway... changed coolant and brake fluid (way overdue).

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Drennan57

200 blasts on a freshly paved black top with an 03 R6 at 3am. She kept up really well I must say, fell back beyond 170 but everywhere else was on point.

I'm satisfied.

Richie21

Not only adds a little aesthetic, but it's a night and day performance change. Change your fluids too. I want going to, but after seeing how bad my fluid was I changed it. Small bottle of dot 4 is all you need. Doesn't hold much fluid front or rear master cylinders. I used Lucas synthetic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
You mind me asking where you got your brake lines from? I've been looking but a lot of websites seem to be sold out of them.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member