What did you do to your bike today?

davet7469

mods

started on some accent lights that turn amber with the turn signals. Put on T-rex sliders. Painted these aftermarket turn signals, because they decided to turn purple, they were blue when i bought them. Installed some LED lights and attempted to get my headlights to work, but nothing so far.

Last edited:

heavenhated

Nothing big but some mount points for GOPRO and some cheap video recorders.

Tried it out on a ride
https://youtu.be/DCs-ROkZow8?list=PLbcwYmUr_kwkdJg0X5z9Si1Twh1R_GnNP

Forget the music. The sound was horrible from the camera so just used one of the youtube videos.

Next thinking of adding a USB charger to connect the gopro to the charger.

Today the cold did have some impact on the tyres where i did have a oops moment while taking a corner. Just be careful with the cold setting in guys.

Got it back in riding shape. After dropping it while unloading, and breaking a bunch of things last year; I finally bought the parts needed to get it road worthy. All of my fairings are beat up, so I took them off. I mounted the turn signals to some brackets the fairings plug into. Installed the frame sliders that I've had for almost three years now. Replaced the side stand brackets that broke when I ripped off my ammo can saddle bags after they kissed another car's bumper. New foot pegs, mirrors, handle bar, throttle, grips, brake lever, starter switch. Even bought a new helmet.

Oh, for those that are curious; the check engine code for a missing airbox is 22.

nmm987

Hey man nice looking bike!

Where did you get the side mirror caps to cover the holes? I'm planning on doing the same setup you have.

Thank you.

Ripley

Busy day for the bike... I installed new smoked windscreen, new mirrors and stainless steel brake lines front & rear.

That last task was a PITA! I still don't know if I filled the front reservoir up. I couldn't find a full line but at least its to the top of the sight glass. And who was the engineer who thought it was a good idea to put the rear reservoir behind the plastics?! Anyhow she is looking great.

I still have a few more things to do such as exhaust but she is looking good and rides great. The brake lines do make a difference.

Attachments

Ripley

Great photos of a nice looking bike. I remember those 3 hour shoveling jobs when I was growing up in New England. 1 hour spent actually shoveling and 2 hours having snowball wars. Good times. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ripley

Cleaned and lubed the chain. I hadn't done that since I bought it in December. Boy was it dirty! Now she's got some bling back.

Emma

Took Molly out for a morning ride and she showed me something about myself and how I like to ride after hitting a buck Ten for the first time on a Mississippi back road.

Now I'm looking for a technical track to learn more about how to ride here in Mississippi. Not having much luck in finding a track that fits my style. Finding either asphalt drag strips or dirt ovals. Praying I don't have to go out of state just for a track.

After helping my Mom with something, I took Molly out to run some errands and had lunch at Twin Peaks.

blkbrd

Elite Member