What did you do to your bike today?

ajones70

No. Only when I want to add a endorsement. To add the Moto endorsement I have to take a total of 7 written tests and the skills test. Still have 3 written to do.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.
WHAT!?!?!?!?? 7 written tests?! Holy moses!! I only had to do one written which was multi-choice. Need 25 of 30 questions correct to pass. Then 40-50min road test within a yr of written being passed and thats it! Done!!
Wow 7 written tests?!!!!!? Blown away by that :wtfgun:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Holy $hit!!! I'd probably have given up on riding if I had to go through that. I did my MSF like 4 years ago, just couldn't get a bike until last year. We only have a written test to get the initial permit, although in MSF we took written tests as well and a skills test. I don't think our DMV makes you take an additional written for your license though.
It's only because I haven't taken the tests in a while. That and I have all trucking endorsements. I take class A,C, and M general knowledge then air brakes, tankers, doubles/triples and hazardous materials. After this it will be a basic renewal type of thing.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

priotiynapkin

Went for a nice ride with my lady the other day. we started doing more twisties and less just cruising around, and she says she seems to enjoy it.

Lubed my chain the other day, and today I changed the oil and filter. This is my second oil change since I got the bike, and I was shocked at how dirty the oil was this time. I'm guessing the dealer I bought it used from must have changed it before they sold it to me, because it was so freakin dirty this time!

New spark plugs are still sitting on my desk staring me down...

Anyways I've had the bike almost a year now (since labor day last year) and I'm loving riding and loving my bike and everything :)

2013 Fz6r satin

Went for a nice ride with my lady the other day. we started doing more twisties and less just cruising around, and she says she seems to enjoy it.

Lubed my chain the other day, and today I changed the oil and filter. This is my second oil change since I got the bike, and I was shocked at how dirty the oil was this time. I'm guessing the dealer I bought it used from must have changed it before they sold it to me, because it was so freakin dirty this time!

New spark plugs are still sitting on my desk staring me down...

Anyways I've had the bike almost a year now (since labor day last year) and I'm loving riding and loving my bike and everything :)
which oil filter did you go with?

ajones70

Went for a 200km ride with hubby and youngest son (17yrs old). Had a great relaxing day. Alot of highway riding at 90-100km. Not such a pucker factor after keeping that speed for that distance. :Sport:
Now chillin on back deck with a few Capt Morgans...ahhh lifes awesome!!!

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ajones70

That's awesome that you can ride together as a family. Wish my wife would ride.
Hubby always had bikes pre kids and I went pillion. He just got his Fazer8...youngest said he would learn if I did...so we bought all 3 bikes in a span of last 2 months lol
Oldest son (18) thinks we are all crazy and need our heads checked lol
Yes it alot of fun being out together plus we have coms so can still chat if we want/need to. Youngest has his road test on Aug 26. Hes sooo comfy on the bike Im confident he will pass no sweat.

Griff88

First mods.

Puig crash bungs and a carbon effect front fender extender to match the carbon effect rear hugger. Well happy.

SixRFixR

Coolant change

I changed out the coolant. I never use the premixed because it gets diluted with whatever is retained in the engine.

I drained out the old, rinsed with distilled, brought it to temp with distilled, then repeated. I have a 1000ml graduated cylinder, so I measured out a liter of Peak GLOBAL Lifetime and put it in. I could then only get 600ml of distilled water in the radiator. After burping I got maybe another 100ml in. That means the engine retains about 300ml or 15%. If you use premixed, you're diluting it with 300ml of water, so you end up with 42.5% antifreeze, not 50%. What does it matter? Not much unless you have Canadian-like winters or are OCD about it like I am. I did the overflow bottle separately.

BTW you can view the level in the overflow bottle without taking the fairing off. Just back light it with a flashlight around the exhaust headers and peak around the rear edge of the right fairing.

ajones70

First mods.

Puig crash bungs and a carbon effect front fender extender to match the carbon effect rear hugger. Well happy.
Well done ianto!!! Im still figuring out what I want to do....

Idiosynocracy

Almost done with my honey-do-list and then it's time to ride. Gonna do an oil change and clean and lube the chain tonight if I have the time. Here's a pic after some recent mods, except stomp grips aren't on yet. Gonna wash her up first.
She's lookin' mighty purdy!

Idiosynocracy

Attachments