What are your favorite gloves?

stevet

I just had a thread on your favorite overpants. I thank everyone for their posts. Our members opinions help us all with a fast track to finding what we really want. Now with my new Scorpion Deuce overpants Although I like my Shift Hybrid X $25 gloves they are the next weakest point to be upgraded. What do you like the best? Something reasonably priced, with good protection, flexible, comfortable and looks good would be my criteria.

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

if you can afford it, you'll get the best feel from a glove that has a non cow leather palm, like Kangaroo. even others like Deer, Goat

romulan

I've got two pairs. I have a Joe Rocket set for foul weather that cover the bottom of my jacket sleeve, the work well but leave a little to be desired for feel. For summer and warm weather I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX2. great feel and super comfort with a lot of air flow.

applejax

I get mixed reactions from people when i tell them about my gloves.

I have the icon overlord long gloves.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Gilbuddy

I get mixed reactions from people when i tell them about my gloves.

I have the icon overlord long gloves.
I've been shopping around for new gloves for when the weather warms up. The Icon Overlord Long Gloves were one of the ones I've been looking at.

What are your thoughts on the glove?
Can you expound on the mixed reactions from others?

Thanks!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Jay S.

SS Speed and Strength Moment of Truth gloves are the most comfortable gloves I have ever used. I am on my 3rd pair. In the past 4 years I have tried (wasted my money) on 3 other brands and keep going back to my SS gloves.

My .02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

applejax

I've been shopping around for new gloves for when the weather warms up. The Icon Overlord Long Gloves were one of the ones I've been looking at.

What are your thoughts on the glove?
Can you expound on the mixed reactions from others?

Thanks!

Well, i absolutely love love the gloves. They fit my hand perfectly, protection (ulna, floating knuckle) is great, the kangaroo skin is great, and the air flows through enough so your hands never get hot at all. The stitching has held up perfectly fine. It has two straps that lock around your wrist and then around the bottom part of your forearm.

Hell, i even have worn them when the temps get to 40< here in jersey.

The only mixed reviews i get are from people they dont see icon as anything more than some cheap company pumping shit out of china. We all have our favorite brands and sometimes people tend to go towards the more expensive gear for the "name" or that they think that spending more money is going to mean its better. (sometimes this is true though)

stevet

I was in the bike shop today and I came down to these favorites. The Cortech Vice 2 Gloves about $90. Looks like lots of protection and super comfortable. The other choice is the Alpine Stars SMX-2 Air Carbon for about $70. The Cortechs offer much more protection which I like but I question how well they breathe on warm days. Anyone used either?

Detrich

I switched over to the Knox Handroids since earlier this year cuz they seemed like more than just your run of mill glove... And, although they don't fit as snug or flex as easily as my old Fieldsheer Apex gloves, which are a good touring glove btw, I'm still really digging the Handroids a lot...

Pros are they are really comfortable after break-in, have kangaroo hide, patented palm slide guard, armor on each finger, and a really cool BOA fastener.

Cons are they are a bit pricey and noticeably uncomfortable during break-in period. And, if you dont like attention, these gloves always turn heads. Can't tell u how many times fellow riders ask to see them when I stop... lol

stevet

I went back to the bike shop and returned the A Star SMX-2 air carbon gloves. Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves - RevZilla They were very nice but I felt they didn't have the protection and durability I was looking for. I coveted the Cortech Vice 2 from the beginning. They are $30 more (well worth it) but are warmer in 60 degree and colder riding and offer a very noticeable protection upgrade. Cortech Vice Gloves 2.0 - RevZilla They were super comfortable all they way home with no break in.