What a save

Spunky99

This is in my backyard so to speak.
I go very carefully at this turn because it is notorious for accidents. Now that they have patched the road it is downright dangerous.
This guy claims to be only riding for 6 months and by his body positioning, I can believe it. He does an amazing save after hitting the slick patch.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53f05G9NqKI&feature=feedu]Nice Save Oct 16th 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Fizzer6R

and a nice deadly car was right there waiting for him to cross over the yellow :eek:

Fenixgoon

was it just the patch that caused him to lose traction, or a culmination of other things?

i'm guessing with that tight a turn he should be starting to extend himself off the bike, as opposed to just leaning his body?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

the_cr

Is this what is meant by being crossed up? certainly looks awkward, butt hanging low but body back up over the tank..

Spunky99

It was a combination of bad body position, a very fast corner speed and the slick patch. There are tons of videos of people low and high siding at that same corner. It is notorious for accidents. I've seen bikes stuck under the rail, flipping over it and the riders chewed up by the bushes and cactus on the way down the hill on the other side of the barrier and having to climb back up. R1's, GIXXRs, R6s etc all have gone down there with highly skilled riders and not so skilled riders.

b_who

Ah mulholland, that road is meannnn but so damn fun.
Ive only gone through it twice but its loads of fun

I think that square black patch is paint to cover up graffity supposedly but thats only word of mouth

6R Blackout

I agree great save and yes that patch seems to me to be the cause of the slight "mishap". It will "Eat someone's lunch" one day, hopefully
not to the point of a hospital visit or worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member