Well then .....

Deputyfarva252

Well today I had my first heart attack on my bike , Im riding along following a marked patrol car coming from training and im tailgating him using him as a wind break , we pass a car in a 55 mph zone and as soon as the patrol car got by this car this (insert what ever expletive you see fit) merged in my lane I had to drive all the way to the edge of the pavement almost go through the grass median to keep from getting hit by this (You know what to do) anyways it happend so fast i was able to hit my horn but even then person didnt pay attention. I need an exhaust mod for my bike i hate how quite it is. I still think there is a crease in my seat.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

Dart i was in the left lane riding the dotted line with my bright headlight on , the person just didnt look to see if it was clear , still some what my fault for riding the other cars tail - lesson learned.

Marthy do you have a video with that super trapp exhaust doing a drive by or something? how hard is it to install and how long would my bike be out of commission for? Ive got about hundred saved so far and adding too it , it would be a couple of months prolly before i could afford it unless i get this pool sold.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Please do not "draft" cars... It is extremely dangerous and will end up getting you killed quick. :( You need all the space and reaction time you can get.

Deputyfarva252

Marthy I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me spend the money once i get it but i am going to get up with you as soon as possilble .

J- yeah i realize that now i was just trying to avoid getting hit by a trooper around here , you figure if they see a cop car speeding there not going to mess with it , but a bike doing the same 12 car lengths back would get that ticket in a minute. Its either way something i could have and will next time avoid doing , getting there a few minutes later , safer and without a tickect are the better option. I still wonder though if my my bike was louder if they would have noticed.

DragonBlu

Looks like a tailgating thread? Time for a story-I used to ride a 175 Yamaha to work in my younger years and got off work at 1 am. Just as I would leave work a semi truck hauling lumber would go by heading toward my way home on his scheduled haul to Portland. Many nights I would tuck in behind him to keep warm and to avoid deer and elk in the highway. We were doing about 50mph when I went airborne on the bike from hitting a huge dog that was already dead on road. Needless to say I learned not to tailgate on a motorcycle.:eek:

the_cr

J- yeah i realize that now i was just trying to avoid getting hit by a trooper around here , you figure if they see a cop car speeding there not going to mess with it , but a bike doing the same 12 car lengths back would get that ticket in a minute. Its either way something i could have and will next time avoid doing , getting there a few minutes later , safer and without a tickect are the better option. I still wonder though if my my bike was louder if they would have noticed.
Around here we would get pulled even faster for tailgating a cop with the highbeams on...