Well... looks like I won't be riding for awhile...

pyrocpu

All 3 interstates around Nashville were shut down this afternoon. Partially open now, the rains here have been pretty bad.

This video here (WKRN - video - TwitVid) is Interstate 24 only 10min from my house. 1 deceased near this location.

No riding for awhile! Even the SUV had some trouble passing through some water...

MikeN02

I'd cry and sit on my bike everyday and clean it etc.

Starting the winter projects early!

JonKerr

Elite Member

RenegadeRider

Boy, do I LOVE AZ... :) riding season ALL YEAR LONG! :D

We had a wet winter... wonder how our monsoon season will be... (for those of you that don't live in a desert... monsoons are what we have during the summer months... usually the majority of our rainfall for the year...)

WarEagle07

its been raining here for a couple days and wont stop till wednesday, guess thats the price you pay for living in the south.

TOMIK

Its been raining here for past two weeks on and off and tem. 50's , today its beautifull and its gonna be at 60's I cant waite till I log some miles on my new bike, only 104m on it.

Roaddawg

This weather has been crazy for everyone this year. It was rainy and cold last week, but today, it was clear blue skies and 90 degrees!! I love the warm weather, but when it's 45-50 and raining two days ago and then 90!!! WTF!!! :confused:

F

FZ6Rgurl

It's been unusually cold and windy in Central Oregon :-(. So I haven't been able to ride as much either. Usually by now, we would be jumping into the 70s. But we are still sitting around the mid 50s mark.

bjpinub

All 3 interstates around Nashville were shut down this afternoon. Partially open now, the rains here have been pretty bad.

This video here (WKRN - video - TwitVid) is Interstate 24 only 10min from my house. 1 deceased near this location.

No riding for awhile! Even the SUV had some trouble passing through some water...
I hate to hear about not getting to ride.

Actually, I was in Bell Buckle this past weekend (4/30 to 5/2) for a search and rescue class. And, boy did it rain... add in the tornado watches/warnings as well as the flash flood watches/warnings and you have a really scary situation. Coming from East TN, I haven't really seen it get that bad, but it has been pretty close a couple of times. Coming back, we saw that a portion of I-24 was closed, but luckily we had to take 840 to I-40 anyways. And shortly thereafter, it just poured down the rain, causing us to slow to 35 mph on the interstate. On Sunday morning (5/2), I had heard they were already getting water rescuers together in East TN to send to Middle TN to help with the rescue and recovery efforts.

Hopefully the weather will get better and all the water will dry/drain quickly allowing you to get back on the road.

pyrocpu

It turned out to be either no problem or horrible, depending on where one lived. I'll have to remulch my front planter; others have completely lost their homes & vehicles.

Hellacious rain though; never seen waters like that...

Heineken

Elite Member

pyrocpu

No issue.

That video I posted, that was this past Saturday afternoon. Sunday was cleanup. Same road was open by Monday morning.

All 3 interstates thru Nashville are now open for business! The only main places affected (that a visitor might want to visit) is downtown Nashville, and the Opryland Hotel/Opry Mills Outlet Mall.

Of course, now the only issue I have right now is that our subdivision is about first in line to lose our supply of fresh water (you know, for showers, sinks, etc.). One of Nashville's two water treatment plants got drowned and has been knocked offline. If the locals don't start conserving water soon, I won't have any water! Granted, we still turned out to be very fortunate in that our house is absolutely fine; others have suffered complete losses. If I don't have water for a few days in light of that, I'm OK with that.