well it could have been worse....

ej'sfz

Well this morning on the way to work I was following a f150 down hwy 67s in lakeside and this guy was swerving to either side of the road for a few miles so I backed off a little ways not expecting the worst. Got down to the bottom of the hill where the road curves right a bit and sure as shit he kept Goin straight not pay in attention, screwing with his phone and whatever the hell else he was doin, swerved into oncoming traffic doin about 50 or 55. Luckily the semI truck driver saw him and swerved away just enough to where he hit his left rear trailer wheel and ripped out the axle damn near all the way. Obviously totaled the f150 and the guy had a broken leg and a super bruised ego. As for me I had to swerve off the road and hit a drainage ditch bending my bars and hitting my rear tire back to where my chain is stupid tight. Luckily that was all that happened. Amazing how fast it escalated to that situation. I had room but somehow just no time to react in any different fashion than not hitting the truck and veering off the road. Just glad that's all that happened.

Anyways just wanted to share my morning commute with an idiot that has no regard for anyone or anything else in the world. Be safe everybody you never know when something bad can hapoen, keep it on two wheels!!

Attachments

lark

glad you're alright, scary isn't it? good reflexes, even if it did bang up your bike you could be the one with a broken leg!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Well this morning on the way to work I was following a f150 down hwy 67s in lakeside and this guy was swerving to either side of the road for a few miles so I backed off a little ways not expecting the worst. Got down to the bottom of the hill where the road curves right a bit and sure as shit he kept Goin straight not pay in attention, screwing with his phone and whatever the hell else he was doin, swerved into oncoming traffic doin about 50 or 55. Luckily the semI truck driver saw him and swerved away just enough to where he hit his left rear trailer wheel and ripped out the axle damn near all the way. Obviously totaled the f150 and the guy had a broken leg and a super bruised ego. As for me I had to swerve off the road and hit a drainage ditch bending my bars and hitting my rear tire back to where my chain is stupid tight. Luckily that was all that happened. Amazing how fast it escalated to that situation. I had room but somehow just no time to react in any different fashion than not hitting the truck and veering off the road. Just glad that's all that happened.

Anyways just wanted to share my morning commute with an idiot that has no regard for anyone or anything else in the world. Be safe everybody you never know when something bad can hapoen, keep it on two wheels!!
Play it safe and go to a dealer and have your bike inspected. There could be underlying damage to the swing arm if you were able to hit the tire hard enough to move the chain adjuster... Otherwise awesome reflexes and defensive driving skills. Keep it up :)

Bert-Aus

Great to hear your ok following that,
you did well prior to that unfolding by dropping back, that in itself can be considered defensive riding

ej'sfz

Yeah I've had the bike at my shop last few days, been crazy busy with work and havent had time to give it the full lookover.. I checked the rear end out and loosened the chain and adjusted it properly, pretty sure it just got pushed back everything is tight and in its right spots.

Definitely a sketchy situation even though I dropped back it happens so fast that was my best option lol. Either that or catch a battery or head light to the dome, cuz it was a flying! !

Yes John I usually leave ramona but 1/4 to 6. There is another black and red one that lives in the housing at that last stoplight heading north, I've seen him a few times on the way home.

All in all though happy with the way it happened. Although I wish I could have gotten away with a few smacks to the guys noggin while he was stuck in the truck with a broken leg. Only satisfaction I got was telling him he's stuck there till the jaws get him out.

JBAX

Sorry for that adrenaline infused commute. At least you had the forethought to see the situation and the negative outcome, and you took a preemtive decision to minmise it's negative effect on you.

Sorry about your bike, But GLAD you are OK.

ej'sfz

Bike is ok except ths bars. I have been wanting to drop the front and put clip ons on so this just might be my excuse lol.
Thanks for the good thoughts everybody just keep your eyes peeled and brakes ready!