well insurance sucks

coppb8323

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am planning on getting an FZ6R within the next two months so I decided to check insurance rates. It is 3200 a year for full coverage, that's right, around 250 a month. Of course since I am 18 they think I am some punk who's going to drive like an idiot, understandable. I put it under my dads name with me as an occasional driver, and its still 1700 a month. I work a part time job and go to college so its a little difficult to do that. I guess I don't have a question I just wanted to share the insane insurance number that I would pay if it were just under my name:).

jay

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am planning on getting an FZ6R within the next two months so I decided to check insurance rates. It is 3200 a year for full coverage, that's right, around 250 a month. Of course since I am 18 they think I am some punk who's going to drive like an idiot, understandable. I put it under my dads name with me as an occasional driver, and its still 1700 a month. I work a part time job and go to college so its a little difficult to do that. I guess I don't have a question I just wanted to share the insane insurance number that I would pay if it were just under my name:).
try getting a quote from Foremost.com if they do motorcycle insurance in your state. i used to pay Geico huge before but then luckily found out about Foremost from this forum...

travstoll

:eek: FYL!...I pay $900 a year for full coverage w/ State Farm. I am 21.

EDIT: I do have a multi-policy discount w/ them as well (I also have my renters, car, and life ins w/ State Farm)

Last edited:

MrGti

I pay 379 a year for full coverage on both of my bikes, 2007 250 ninja and my 2009 fz6r. I also have state farm. I am also 36 years old.

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

I don't remember if the yamaha financing program requires you to have full coverage with them or not. I remember pricing for insurance being about 3000+ a year. I think 2000 was the lowest I received with the absolute lowest limits. Doing my own math, it wasn't worth it to keep full coverage.

I guess I'm "dumb", but I have the lowest limits possible on my bike and car. Bike and car together a year is less then $1000 (i have a buick).

The way I look at it... If i go down (which i have) to restore my bike to new, it would cost me roughly $1,000.

That beats the hell out of paying $2000 a year, paying a $1000 deductible and having your insurance go up once you report it.

So I may be "dumb" but i've saved me self over a grand this year by not reporting anything.

vitrox

i paid 450 a year for my r1, full coverage. The fz will be liability, its ~200 a year for that. state farm ftw.

Newmason

607 a year with full coverage, 25, no accidents...... through progressive. Was cheaper than geico!

Blueraven

I'm also paying around $480 a year with State Farm. That is with the multi vehicle discount.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I pay less than $800 a year for full coverage. I went through eSurance online. I'm 25, no accidents.

cavcuz05

WOW 250 a month :shakehead:

i pay $240 (20 a month) for the year and im 23:thumbup:

what kind of coverage did you get cause ig you got the bells and whistles insurance package then yeah it would be that much, thats why i only did liablilty

Last edited:

tractorboy

Hmm Im 900/yr with 1k deductable..much other than 18 BUT.

Someone else chime in but its my understanding our bike is classifed as a sport touring bike vs a true sportbike class. My allstate first quoted me ALOT higher as he looked up the FZ6 with is in the sportclass. Maybe you need to double check with your agent thats its in the FZ6R....

Atleast thats how allstate had them classified. maybe there is a mix up as thats more that Ive seen for other 18 yr olds!!

Just a thought.....

anyone else know now their ins company classifies their bike,,,,,,,

pyrocpu

~$800/yr. Allstate, 28, married, own home, multi policy with home + car + my 150cc scooter, 100/300/100, comprehensive, $50 towing/roadside, $500 deductible, 1 moving violation. Best of all it's a Gold Policy. If, God Forbid, I were to crash my bike (or some cager tags me), Allstate replaces my bike, without having to take any depreciation hit. Applies for the first two years. Additionally, for every year I don't have an accident, the deductible goes down $100 a year, up to a $500 max.

My car, on the same Gold level policy, is already down to a $100 deductible. :D

Tabitha

I go through State Farm. I have 100,000/300,000 limits, $250 collision deductible and $100 Comprehensive deductible and pay $277.00 for the year.

I am 26 and have an Operation after Suspension and a ticket for not having my car inspected on my record.

F

FZ6Rgurl

I pay just over $300 a year, full coverage with 1 ticket and 1 accident on my record and I'm only 22. I go through Country Financial.

Detrich

if u pay off the bike outright, you can just carry liability, which is cheaper... mcgraw, state farm, and geico insurance should be affordable...

neshi

I pay less than $800 a year for full coverage. I went through eSurance online. I'm 25, no accidents.
That sucks for me as i pay 625 for liability and that is after the home owners discount same company; $1000 if i did not! the sad part is that the new Yamaha Road Star S that i want to get this year is going to cost 400 for full coverage 50/100/50 and it a 1600 cc bike! I just think we got screwed when Yamaha wanted to class our bike as a supper sport!