Weight

jermfly

Anyone know what I can take off to cut some weight? I got a TBR exhuast and all. Just wondering what I can do to cut some weight

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Exercise and clean healthy foods. Best way to save weight :thumbup:

OR... An aftermarket lighter battery, custom lighter rims, fender eliminator, flush mount lights, etc.

Or if you want to go to extreme, make it naked and strip it all off.

cjsFZ6R

FE and remove the grab bar, except i hate the way it looks sans Grab bar becasue you can see the two holes on each side where it mounts but i swear that thing weighs about 4 lbs... I feel like those two things made a difference when i was out riding after i took them off.. Good luck....

AngryAnt

I find these threads amusing, since I put bottles of water in each saddle bag just to help me flat-foot the bike easier :D

Michael Wilson

During my career or racing dirtbikes we did serveral EXTREME things to shave a few onces. you can do on a street bike to drop weight.

1. Lighter battery (I believe another member found a battery that is 6lbs lighter then stock)

2.Aftermarket rims

3. FE

4. Remove Grab bar

5. Remover passenger seat and use a crowling

6. Aftermarket suspenstion (If you have DEEP pockets)

Now it's time for the extreme measures

1. Remove brake and clutch levers and "shave" them shorter and also hallow them out

2. Remove any nonessential bolts and drill out the centers. (!!!!!NO SUSPENTION OR ENGINE BOLTS!!!!!!)

3. Remove all fairings and "shave" the plastic down so it's thin.

Oh ya if you do any of these mods you can't hold me liable for damages =)

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

iSpoolin

Quickest way to drop pounds is exhaust, battery, FE

Those together will drop you about 30 lbs I do believe? or I may be exaggerating lol

I know I changed to a Ballistic Battery, an Akrapovic Slip on, and made a fender eliminator that only weighs a couple ounces on the Daytona and it saved me 17 lbs! :O

Bikes down to 390 lbs w/ a full tank of gas :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

iSpoolin

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

Trade the 6R for a R6! If you like your girl skinny, might be easier if it come skinny, then trying to make your chubby ride loosing 100 lbs. LOL
lol ill bite my tounge on this one :rolleyes:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member