We made it! (Just barely...)

MustGoFaster

Let me preface this by saying, that I will never, EVER move cross-country again, unless it's for a job that's offering hundreded of thousands of dollars. It's been really hard, but doable. (As most things are when you will your way through them and refuse to give up.)

But anyways, we're here! Back in Chicago! In the land of awesome food and cool weather! The bike made it just fine, even though we had to load a bunch of other stuff into the same trailer.

It wasn't all smooth, though. The trailer that my wife was towing, with my brother in the car, strated swinging and jack-knifed into the car not once, but twice. (Once on each side) She was able to get over, and thank God no one was behind them. I swear though, that was *the* scariest thing I've ever seen, as I watched it all in the side view mirror. I pulled over and RAN to where she was parked. I thought I had lost them both...

But I didn't. The car was driveable and we managed to limp home. The animals did really well, too. (Maltese and cat.) But 2000 miles at 55-60 MPH takes FOREVER, and I *still* haven't recovered physically. I can honestly say that I haven't pushed my limits that hard in looooong time. Up 48 hours straight, driving 16 hours, then phyical labor almost nonstop. Oh, and my buddy who helped got me sick LoL.

Anyways, we're back amongst friends and family, and life is good.

Oh, and I joined the Midwest Group. :D

Grumpy

Welcome Back!

JSP

Super Moderator
Glad you made it. Ive done it twice! Once just in a car and the other in a truck towing a full trailer with my bike in the bed of the truck. SUCKEd! 55 miles an hour or just like you, trailer massive sway. Loaded weight distribution best I could but a whole house in a trailer gets HEAVY. Went from VA to OR.