We are the last

skitzo2121

We'll I was at my local yamaha dealer the other day was talking to the sales man and he was telling me that after 2014 they won't be making any more fz6rs the are now making a fz07 to replace it wich is a parallel twin engine not sure wh t to think about this as the no longer make the fz8 they went to the ugly IMO fz9

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

yillbs

will be a big mistake.... Japanese tried the naked thing before... us Amercans prefer a fit and finished bike... Unless they start coming out with R versions soon, will isolate their market
I concur, their non R bikes don't sell worth a shit now anyways, wonder what they are up to.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

yillbs

The FZ09 chassis is design to put a fairing on. I can see the FZ09 & 07 being the platform for entry and med level bike. Same has Honda did... you can buy the same bike in naked, adventure or sport verison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
It's interesting how every year " entry " level bikes in america keep stepping up the power. the 250 wasn't enough, they gave us a 300. Apparently honda didnt' like that so they had the 500 entry. then 650 ninja somehow got added to entry level, then the fz6r. Those don't seem to be cutting it any more, so now adding even more cc's, and more horsepower the 07 is supposed to be entry too?

what's next, 90HP entry level bikes?

Although, for a naked bike, the 07 sure looks the part, quite sexy. It won't work for me though, it's a twin. I'll take my 4 banger tyvm

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FastFreddy

The Fz6R was perfect for me at the time ; learner legal (under 650cc), 4 cyl and similar weight to a superbike and had a fairing and comfortable seat for both. Personally I had to have 4 cyl even though I know 2 and 3 cylinder bikes are more efficient for the power curve we have, I just wanted to get familiar with the high revving 4s.

There doesn't seem to be any Sportbikes or faired naked bikes available that are within 10 kg of the supersport style bikes.

I think naked bikes are popular because of the riding position more than the lack of fairing.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Thestache

Well, I am planning on trying to find a FZ6R in February when I trade in my cruiser, this might make it harder, but also help me get a better deal. The naked FZ07, looks OK, but with the wind I would catch on my rides, which a lot of times have me on state highways to get to the twisties I crave, seems like it would be brutal.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

I'll never buy one. They always seems to get rid of bikes that have big following (FZ6, FZ6R, R6S, etc.). It wouldn't be so bad if they offered like Suzuki did with the SV650 offering a naked and faired version. I doubt they pick up new riders with the FZ07. Same power as 6R with less weight is probably too much power for a first time learner. My next bike will probably be the GSXR750, but not for a little while yet.
not sure if I'd put the FZ6 & FZ6R in the same as the R6 - they all have a strong following, as in owners love them. But I assume the sales numbers of the FZ series doesn't match the R's? heck I'm surprised the FZ1 is still alive and won't be shocked when they stop making the model.

I'm looking very forward to the FJ09 as it sounds like an ideal bike for me! :cool:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I rode a RD350 once. When that thing was hitting the power band... it was evil! Two stroke are different bread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I would love an RD as a second bike; mostly tinker with it and look at it, take it out for a little rip now and then. Two-strokes are scary if you don't know what they're about. If you try to ride outside the powerband you think something is broken, maybe a partially blocked jet or something. If you are in the power, hiccuping can cause you to twist the throttle 1 millimetre more than you meant to, which will cause the bike to jump up on the rear wheel and throw you off the back. There really is no usable power in a two-stroke. There is just completely gutless or uncontrollable.

Grumpy

I don't think the MT-07 will make it here from Europe any time soon. Unless the MT-09 (FZ09) sells well here, naked bikes don't sell in the US market for some reason, I don't think Yamaha will bring it over.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member