Good Morning VieTNAMMM!!

NewOneNeo

Greetings and Salutations from somewhere on the East Coast of Florida! Here goes everything:

Found a 2012 FZ6R for 2K cheaper than it should have gone with *no miles on it and a couple of rash marks on the left fairing from the previous owner. Thinking about wolf-man saddle bags and a tank protector. The bike so far is pretty sick. I've gotten a tad bit risky with it, but as I don't have the proper safety gear or sliders I haven't really "explored". This is my first bike. I'll be asking a lot of questions, so please guide me well.

My main game genres are FPSs, RTS, and Racing.I'm going to be a pilot. And I like long luxurious moonwalks on the beach. Besides that the rest are details. If I happen to see you on the road, cheers! :D

A little bit about my style as a driver/rider. (if you want to read but... whocares?):

In a car I nearly wiped out going 90 passing a semi 10 years ago with mom in the passenger seat because of some asshole who forced his/her way into my lane because they wanted to pass me before I passed the semi. Read in a newspaper later that day the EXACT same thing happened to another driver a day before, but instead of there being 2 lanes like mine there were 3. So when she dodged the asshat an oncoming semi to the left of her T-boned her driver side door killing her leaving a husband and 2 sons. :D No More Learning Curve. I had to be a genius today. Nothing more surreal than going 90 sideways with semi wheels rotating in front of your hood.

That being said.... I Loathed my helplessness.
1) I immediately found and maintain the absolute limits of my car, so I could maintain control when other people are out of control. I am an advocate of knowing the absolute limits.
2) I no longer leave things purely up to reaction. My perception of driving is now more akin to seeing the shit hit the fan in 4 parallel futures 5 seconds out. Visualizing dynamic traffic patterns and flows.
3) I'm always pro-actively diffusing potential situations.

Riding at a level of anything less than that is inviting death onto my doorstep IMO.

Hoped you like it, I look forward to our future encounters. :noworries:

lytehouse

Super Moderator
:welcome: aboard

latony007

i echo everyone else, welcome, get gear. Doesnt have to be $1000 per item but get everything, gloves, jacket, boots etc. Check out Jafrum and leather up for some cheaper decent gear.
be careful with the bike if its your first. As you mentioned leaving people behind because we got to frisky with the bike is not an option.
Be Safe!

Seppel

"I immediately found and maintain the absolute limits of my car, so I could maintain control when other people are out of control. I am an advocate of knowing the absolute limits"

No offense, but that may be very well and good with a car, but the limit of the bike is simply 130 mph. You will be finding out YOUR limits. A bike will always do what it was designed to. Just keep that in mind when you're 'pushing the limits of the bike' around a blind turn with gravel.

Seppel

Sorry, that seemed a little harsh after I reread it. Have fun, be safe, and keep the rubber side down.