Watch for birds!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

Over the weekend I was riding my bike to my cousins house to help install a motion light on his garage.
I was riding down the hiway, no oncoming traffic just one car behind me.

About half way there I noticed a buzzard in the other lane, and kind of got fixated on it.
When I was about 100' away it took off flying the same direction I was taveling.
I kept watching it, when I was half way to it, and it was a few feet off the ground I noticed it had a huge snake hanging beneath it.
About the same time I was about to pass it, it veered towards my lane just a few feet above me and I had to ride under it.

I couldnt concentrate on anything except that birds feet hanging onto its dinner lol.
My reflexes kicked in, I was accidentally moving all over the bike, scootin to the side trying to stay out of its path.

I felt like I was sitting on the pegs looking up at it, and even remember thinking (Im jumping off if it lets go of the snake) lol.

I had to look ridiculous, but when facing a traumatized snake, Id probably rather total my bike and dive towards the ditch lol.
until you actually hit one... don't worry about it....

I've hit an owl and a pigeon.....

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

Hitting the bird wouldnt bother me.
I was just worried about a snake falling into my lap lol
lmao, did we just find a pansy...??? lmao

The snake was more than likely dead... hence why the bird was flying with it, they aren't dumb.

I should probably apologize for the pansy thing but I wont, I live in Florida and if you can't handle a simple snake that is dead and being hauled off for dinner you might as well stick to the cities or wherever it is that you are. Do not bother coming to Florida, we have so many snakes down here per square mile it's just ridiculous. Water moccasins, Diamond back rattlers, pygmy rattlers and about a ton of others. Hell, I run over a couple every month in my car just going out of my neighborhood.... lol.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

iSpoolin

haha, just wait until the day a blue jay hits you in the chest at 40 mph -_-

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

cloudfire

I figured since there wasn't any blood for the squirmish...

I hit a buzzard one while in my truck at 55 mph. It ruined my entire grill, shattered it and my left light cluster on my GMC z71.... So be careful!
Dude, just because you put an owl in the headlight doesn't give you night vision!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I figured since there wasn't any blood for the squirmish...

I hit a buzzard one while in my truck at 55 mph. It ruined my entire grill, shattered it and my left light cluster on my GMC z71.... So be careful!
Oh great! Now how the hell am I suppose to get my invite to Hogwarts!?!

BoneJj

I hit an owl with my old Chevy s10 extreme and that damn bird left a big ass dent right in the center of the hood, I was only going 35.... I had to use a heat gun and a massive suction cup with a pump on it to pop it out.

I kind of wish I still had that truck, just without all the problems it was giving me with the brakes.... It would be a hell of a lot easier to move my bike around then... lol.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Y

yellowfz

Over the weekend I was riding my bike to my cousins house to help install a motion light on his garage.
I was riding down the hiway, no oncoming traffic just one car behind me.

About half way there I noticed a buzzard in the other lane, and kind of got fixated on it.
When I was about 100' away it took off flying the same direction I was taveling.
I kept watching it, when I was half way to it, and it was a few feet off the ground I noticed it had a huge snake hanging beneath it.
About the same time I was about to pass it, it veered towards my lane just a few feet above me and I had to ride under it.

I couldnt concentrate on anything except that birds feet hanging onto its dinner lol.
My reflexes kicked in, I was accidentally moving all over the bike, scootin to the side trying to stay out of its path.

I felt like I was sitting on the pegs looking up at it, and even remember thinking (Im jumping off if it lets go of the snake) lol.

I had to look ridiculous, but when facing a traumatized snake, Id probably rather total my bike and dive towards the ditch lol.
Funny, we left out last weekend for a ride, my wife was ahead of me and a Buzzard did the same thing to her. I told her the Buzzard was having "snake a la road". :D

bleedinblue

Elite Member