Vista Cruise Installation Question

AngryAnt

Ok, right now I'm looking at installing:

1. Oxford heated grips
2. Vista Cruise
3. Power distro / relay
4. Handguards

Now I should have thought about this already, but because I'm impatient I went ahead and removed my old grips, put adhesive on, and put the oxford grips on (I haven't wired them yet, that part will be this weekend).

Now *after* the fact, I start looking at how to install the Vista Cruise, and I"m a bit confused. The instructions don't have clear pictures, but I searched around and I see some people who took their grips off and installed it between the kill switch assembly and the grip itself, and some people installed it on top of the grip without removing it.

Should I go to the trouble of breaking the adhesive, removing the oxford grip, moving the kill switch / ignition assembly down, and putting it between? Or just install it on top of the grip?

It is the universal kind: http://lockitt.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/kuryakyn-6218_350x280.jpg

Any suggestions from someone who's already got one of these?

Last edited:

rjohnson5481

Install it on top that's what I did works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryAnt

im interested in knowing how well the heated grips work. updates after connected to power?:iconbeer:
Will do. I'm going to mount all my accessories run all my wiring down by the battery over the next day or two, and go find a power distro / relay and figure that part out this weekend hopefully.

rjohnson5481

rjohnson,
any issues with the vista cruise? recommend it?:D
Yes and no. I expected a cruise control so I was let down. It's a throttle lock. Meaning you have to "adjust " it when locked. I did 300 mi with no wrist or forearm pain Sunday. Getting it to hold the throttle and still be completely loose when open took some time. Throttle meister seems to be the way to go. For $30 you get plenty. Sorry if that was long winded.

AngryAnt

Spunky99

I am so glad I live in So Ca......no need for all that stuff.

AngryAnt

I got the vista cruise put on last night, and first impression: Not Impressed :(

In combination with the Oxford grips, putting it on top of the grip itself, with gloves, it takes up so much room on the throttle that my pinky is now actually on the bar end...

Also on the first stretch this morning I couldn't even get it enabled. I would have had to take my hand off the left handlebar, hold the throttle with my right, and use my left hand to enable it, and that's a little bit too much trouble for me. I'll probably end up taking it back off tonight, and either wait until I take the grips themselves off and put it between the grips and the kill switch assembly, or sell it to someone else that think they might want them on here and save up for a throttlemeister.

Also, I got my hand guards on and I'm having trouble getting them in the right place too. Its rather difficult to get them just in the right spot where they don't slow you down grabbing the clutch / brake in a hurry, and they don't prevent a full lock left / right turn due to hitting the mirrors.

rjohnson5481

Weird must be the grips bc my hands must be bigger.. I can engage with that same hand and I've always kept my pinky on the bar end.

AngryAnt

Yeah relatively small hands combined with the fact I need to rotate the arm closer to the kill switch just make it too difficult one handed for me. I'll play with it some more, but I'm not confident it'll work out for me just yet.

rjohnson5481

Yeah relatively small hands combined with the fact I need to rotate the arm closer to the kill switch just make it too difficult one handed for me. I'll play with it some more, but I'm not confident it'll work out for me just yet.
it's not the greatest thing, but it serves a purpose if you can fork for the meister, get it. :thumbup: