Vibrations/knocking at 20 mph

impostor1981

Hi guys, I have noticed in my FZ6R/XJ6 some knocking vibrations very noticable through the foot pegs when going at around 20 mph. It does not matter is the gear engaged on not they are there at all the time. anybody encountered this problem before? Do you know what could that be, any ideas? Bike has only 1800 miles on the clock but the issue had been there since I got the bike brand new. Thanks for your help

Roaddawg

So, your saying that if you pull the clutch in, while rolling at 20 MPH, you still get the knocking? Regardless of the RPM? Is it only at 20 MPH or is there a range, say 15-25? Is your oil level good?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

impostor1981

Yeah I ve checked the oil and its ok - right at the max. The speed range when this occurs is about 18-22 MPH regardless of the engine speed. You can not hear it but it is very noticeable on the foot pegs.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

A1A

I would get that bike back to the Dealer and let them check it out. You would start a paper trail to show that the issue was there since the bike was new.

impostor1981

Ok thanks guys I will take it back to the dealer se what they have got to say about it. Probably some bull..it as usual. :rant: