Vibration noise in the dash?

tcmizzou

So im kinda new to bikes and just purchased my 09 fz6r. and have a question about it.. when im riding and im acelerateing from a low speed, i get a vibrating noise from my dash... i can stop the noise if i hold the dash with my finger... i dont really notice the noise when im going fast ( guessing the wind masks the noise) but im wondering how can i fix this promblem? or is it normal

FastFreddy

I'm not sure how loud the rattle is you're talking about. Maybe I've subconsciously blocked it out, but I'm getting a different rattle from one of the panels now from when it dropped over the stand when it rained when I had it parked on the dirt at my friends house.

Maybe something needs tightening up, but I wouldn't worry too much as you might scratch the dash trying to fix it when you pop the plastic fascias with a trim puller/removal tool.

If you are keen to check it, you'd have to pull the dash trim apart carefully and make sure its all seated right and there's no damage or replacement parts required either trim or fasteners or screws. Check the OEM parts catalog websites to see the exploded dash view. (COWLING 1 or something).

Maybe its meant to be a bit loose for some reason.

Last edited:

fltdriver

If it's the plastic piece to the left of the speedo then I think almost all of our bikes have it. I just used a small piece of black foam tape, removed the plastic piece, installed the tape and put the plastic back on. No rattle.

raven6r

Yes my bike has that slight buzzing, rattle sound as well. I didn't notice it until I installed the double bubble windshield but its there now.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited: