typical newbie question

itbeme91

ok so my buddy has a gixxer and his rear seat allows him to hook his helmet on it with the D ring of his helmet and it's pretty secure as far as someone stealing it(i know a pair of scissors or whatever will cut the strap BUUT my question is i looked all around my bike and cant seem to find a place or way to attach my helmet.
this is my first bike and dont know much about them, any guidance?
or what do you do with your helmet when you go somewhere?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nlpyle

The Wire is in your tool bag that is under your seat. If I remember you slide it around the thin medal arm that is under the seat. I tried it once and it worked fine, but I never have tried it out in public any where. Where I go my helmet goes. But I believe that is what you are looking for and Congrats on the new bike.

bmw675

theres a key hole on the left side directly below the passenger seat.
if you turn the key there and pop off the rear seat.
there is a spot there that you can attach your helmet.
under the seat there is a thin steel 'prong' about 4 inches longer that runs right to left.

if you look in your tool pouch there is a wire with loops on the end of it. run it through your d-loop and place both loops over that prong. put your seat back on, and rest your helmet on the seat or whatever you want to do with it.
good to go. i dont do right ups so thats what you get out of me. ;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

There's a wire in your.... oh wait people got to this thread before I did.

I leave my helmet on the lock so people will be tempted to steal it. Gives me a reason to buy a new one =D

bmw675

i always have mine on the seat. if its somewhere where im going to be inside for more than 5 minutes, alot of foot traffic, windy, i will lock it. if im just running into the bank or gas station i just set it on the passenger seat. ive never had a problem yet.

streetmaster

i always have mine on the seat. if its somewhere where im going to be inside for more than 5 minutes, alot of foot traffic, windy, i will lock it. if im just running into the bank or gas station i just set it on the passenger seat. ive never had a problem yet.
You only need one gust of wind.
I had my 2 month old Shoei hanging on the bars when I was putting on my jacket. One gust & the helmet came crashing down, hitting the brake pedal (650V Star) resulting in a big chip in the helmet.
As this type of damage can weaken a helmet, I had no option but to buy a new one. :( $$$