Two Brothers vs Arrow - Full System Exhaust

adi_149

Hi guys,
So I've been riding my beauty since a while now (5 months) and I feel it is time to go wild on the exhaust note:cool: I'm down for a full system and have filtered my way through the available exhaust systems to either TBR or Arrow (Thunder).

I live in Australia so our bikes have an O2 sensor and I want to keep it coz otherwise I will need to install a PCV or Juicebox (atleast thats what I have understood from going through various forums... correct me if i'm wrong). And both these exhausts will accommodate for an O2 sensor.

I would like your opinion on which one I should go for with my main preference being the 'exhaust note' followed by 'looks' and 'quality'. I really don't care abt performance improvements (this will be a bonus for me). Though if there is no big difference between the two I would prefer the one with a good balance of sound, looks , quality and maybe even the performance improvements.

The Arrow would cost me approx $1200 fitted, while TBR will cost me $1500 fitted. Is $300 difference worth for the TBR sound?? Please help! Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Last edited:

Rumpig

Can't comment on either exhaust but you won't need a pcv. If you get the popping on deceleration you can change the CO2 settings to reduce it.

Richie21

I have a TBR on my bike and the sound when accelerating is amazing. However if you do a lot of highway driving it can be a pretty loud drone which can get annoying after a few hours.

adi_149

Can't comment on either exhaust but you won't need a pcv. If you get the popping on deceleration you can change the CO2 settings to reduce it.
How would i be able to change the CO2 settings without a PCV? I thought the O2 sensor will do it automatically just like the stock one and if the O2 sensor is not available one has to install a PCV to control the settings. Can we set exhaust gases setting without installing a PCV or JuiceBox?

adi_149

I have a TBR on my bike and the sound when accelerating is amazing. However if you do a lot of highway driving it can be a pretty loud drone which can get annoying after a few hours.
I don't do much highway riding, but sometimes do go for long group rides. Does it annoy even with the baffle in?

BzB

I don't do much highway riding, but sometimes do go for long group rides. Does it annoy even with the baffle in?
my tbr with the baffle in doesn't have annoying drone but still sounds great. i also wear earplugs so that helps too.

Rumpig

How would i be able to change the CO2 settings without a PCV? I thought the O2 sensor will do it automatically just like the stock one and if the O2 sensor is not available one has to install a PCV to control the settings. Can we set exhaust gases setting without installing a PCV or JuiceBox?
The O2 sensor keeps the AFRs in check and if you put the dash in diagnostic mode there's settings to adjust the fuel trim for idle and engine breaking, CO1 and CO2. U.S bikes don't have this,.

adi_149

my tbr with the baffle in doesn't have annoying drone but still sounds great. i also wear earplugs so that helps too.
I don't like wearing earplugs while riding, but yea if it's not really annoying with the baffle in then it should be good. Also, TBRs have introduced a new "P-Series tip" that can reduce the sound even further for a quieter ride, if it gets too annoying or i need it quieter for some reason i can buy and insert that P-tip. If the sound is less i cant do much after buying an exhaust but if it is loud i can probably reduce it so i guess it is better to go with the louder of the two. And sometimes when needed i could go baffle-out for some fun! ;)

Thanks for that... I'm inclined towards TBR now. But there is a slight change in regards to the whole O2 thingie. Coz i enquired with other mechanics and they say it does NOT come with a O2 sensor hole. The guys i enquired with earlier said it does so i need to confirm again. I don't want to ride it without the O2 sensor and i don't wanna install a PC lol... I've also heard the cops don't like it if it doesn't have a O2 sensor plugged in, so i would prefer the O2 accommodated with it.

How did u work it out..? do u have a PC installed?

adi_149

The O2 sensor keeps the AFRs in check and if you put the dash in diagnostic mode there's settings to adjust the fuel trim for idle and engine breaking, CO1 and CO2. U.S bikes don't have this,.
Wow that's cool! But i'm kind of a noob... so does that mean I can go to a dyno after fitting the exhaust and according to the dyno results, change the settings for optimal mixture?

Also, how does one get into the diagnostic mode and change it... Is there a manual or resource link for this? Thanks heaps!

Rumpig

Wow that's cool! But i'm kind of a noob... so does that mean I can go to a dyno after fitting the exhaust and according to the dyno results, change the settings for optimal mixture?

Also, how does one get into the diagnostic mode and change it... Is there a manual or resource link for this? Thanks heaps!
It only changes the fuel at idle and on deceleration so no point putting it on the dyno, if you get to much popping with the new exhaust i'll explain how to change it.

adi_149

It only changes the fuel at idle and on deceleration so no point putting it on the dyno, if you get to much popping with the new exhaust i'll explain how to change it.
sounds good... i'll surely get back to you once i get the exhaust and if there is popping etc, thanks.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

adi_149

Alright.... so to get started with the TBR installation I called up the dealer again who earlier said they are able to install the two bros with the O2 sensors and this time the person i spoke to said TBRs don't have a O2 sensor hole and we can only do it without the O2 sensor. I'm not sure why these guys have no idea of what they are doing :mad:

Anyway, how less loud is Arrow compared to TBR?

And on some forums i've read that the TBRs require a repack every 3000miles :/ (i know... how stupid is that!) is this mainly for the carbon fiber ones or does this also apply to the Aluminium cans? Also does anyone know what schedule of repacking applies to the Arrows?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

adi_149

Most of them need repacking at certain intervals, most people don't do it.
Yea I dont think many ppl do... There is a huge thing on the forums specifically regarding TBR CF (carbon fibre) ones, that the rivets are coming loose due to heat build-up, and TBR service refuse to help because apparently the user is required to repack it every 3000miles, which most don't. I was thinking abt going with TBR CF but more inclined towards the Aluminium ones now, still unsure if the Aluminium ones require every 3000 miles as well?:confused: If anyone with an Aluminium TBR could shed some light on this would be great!

You can quite down the TBR with P1 and P1X tips, I have one of each if you need them I'd sell them if you wanted or someone wanted.
Yea I heard abt the TBR power tips (P1 and P1X) but I am actually looking for something loud. And now that I am giving second thought abt TBR I am wondering if Arrow is loud enough or atleast close to TBR, or how much is the difference in real life. If the Arrow is not really loud I would go with TBR but if there is not much difference in loudness between the two I would go with Arrow instead and save the 3000miles repacking.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

adi_149

Any aftermarket exhaust will be much louder than OEM, which Arrow are you looking at? Is there one build for the FZ6R/XJ? Personally I would go arrow ALL the way, much better product in my opinion. Or this one: LeoVince Underbody EVO II Exhaust System Yamaha FZ6R 2009-2017 - RevZilla
Yes the Arrow full system is available for FZ6R on eBay, it is the Arrow Thunder. The Arrow full system does accommodate the O2 sensor as well, which reduces the hassle of Juice Box or fuel management etc. And yes it will be louder than the stock but I'm not sure how much coz the YouTube videos dont do justice to exhaust notes and I dont wanna end up with something not sounding much loud after spending $1000+ as a reason Im confused.

I am sure the TBR will be louder as most say... but knowing approx how much dB difference is between the two would help me choose one. I'm inclined towards TBR Aluminium mainly coz of the loudness. But if there is a difference of only a couple of dB between the two, I would go Arrow with all the convenience. The Arrow website does not state the dB for their exhausts :(