Twisty Sex

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

Lost a couple of my riding buddies to other commitments today...

11:45am... temps were 66-68 -- perfect. Slightly overcast, with no brutal sun -- perfect.
Decided to take off to Suches and run the loop solo...

Hit Dahlonega about 12:30... roads were clear as crystal... dry... warm.... leaves all long since blown off to the side...
Ran 60 north -- single lanes, non-stop arcing curves, lots of adrenalin moments... Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" blasting through the Sena...

til I hit Wolfpen Gap Road (180), and jammed it off to the right... hardly a chance to catch my breath in-between hard turns... felt soooo good... mountains and scenery as breath-stealing as those ripping turns...
Hit 129 and scraped the peg leaning right into the southbound loop, still hadn't had a single SS overtake and pass...

Pushed it on 129 -- two lanes in my direction, and little more wiggle room to play... still, almost devoid of cars, and just a few bikes... Hadn't seen a LEO the entire trip so far -- and wondered for a split second if I went down doing 75 up there, if anyone would even hear... but, only for a split second...

Joined back up with 19/9 and slowed the pace for the trip back to Dahlonega... Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis" territory... checked my time, my 20 on the GPS, and my pulse...

One of the most liberating rides I've ever done...

Richard, Lawrence, you missed a good'n....

And, if anyone's interested -- the Michelin Pilot Road 2's are absolutely killer... I couldn't/wouldn't have played that hard on the stock Dunlops --

Twisty sex... absolutely...

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited: