Turn Signals

Nope, I mean they would work but not as good as you think. The turn signals are too long, they won't seat flush with the fairings as they'll stick out. You want to get smaller ones unless you want them to stick out.

Those are more along the lines of "universal". They don't even have the Yamaha OEM stock connectors so you're going to have to splice wires instead of plug and play.

Looks good, but I'm sure you can get them cheaper if you look around. Just get the vector file and give it to a local vinyl or decal stand and they'll make it for you.

I would like to do something like that but you have to move the rim just right almost everytime to make it look good.

did u get ur bike fixed mike?

OT: nah not yet. Riding my brother's F4i right now but that's having problems with the gas cap.

Going to take my oil pan to the mechanics with my brother's F4i. Having him heli-coil the oil pan to get new threads in there, and have him check out the gas cap since he's letting me use his bike.

I think I'm going to get smoked turn signals this time around instead of the chrome I'm still using from my FZ6-R as some of the paint chipped off and my bike is black now.

I bought a 31" vinyl cutter to do stuff like that. About 1 dollar worth of vinyl and release mask. The problem is that you need to use some special cleaning/prep liquid to make it stick properly so the edges don't peel up after a while. Especially if you get chain lube sling and sun on it.

I'm waiting for the release mask to arrive and then I'm redoing my FZ6R decals on my seat cowl as the decals are drying up on the edges and curling up after 6 months. I'm going to change the font to the one on the fairing so they match as well.

Flush mounts

Ok this is the only thread that came up that wasn't about proton's or FE signals

has anyone on the forums gotten these signals? YAMAHA LED TURN SIGNALS FLUSH YZF R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 R6S c - eBay (item 280619564166 end time Feb-21-11 01:52:00 PST)

I'm just wondering the quality for them being 16 bucks and all and how they look on the bike. Just looking for an alternative to the protons atm even though they look amazing..

I have some just like that, I did not get them from that particular seller but mine are clear. they fit perfectly and they work really well, I myself have no complaints about them.

i have them on my bike i just bought, they work great, i had to look a second time just to see them when they weren't on..

Once the vinyl is cut, it has to be transferred to the transfer paper. Hopefully this is the way it comes. There are certain fluids used to prep the area where the sticker will be put so it doesn't start pealing off after a while. The application is critical to make it look right. I have the 32" vinyl cutter and tons of vinyl that I'm using on my race bike for the numbers etc. I can even make fake logo if they are simple like the Shell logo. The application/cleaner fluid is critical to keeping the sticker on for 5+ years.

I have some just like that, I did not get them from that particular seller but mine are clear. they fit perfectly and they work really well, I myself have no complaints about them.

Do you have any pics or a you tube vid of what they look like after the install?

:needpics:

Back