Trail riding the 6R

FitZ6R

Disclaimer: Let me be the first to acknowledge that this wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done (not the dumbest, either, but that's another story). Don't try this at home, etc. But the bike and I survived, and I have pictures.

So, a bud and I were riding around Centralia, a small town eastern PA that has been almost entirely abandoned due to an underground mine fire, burning since 1962. Most of the roads have been torn up, and we came to a spot where the former Railroad Avenue dwindles into a rutted track. The trail was blocked by a pile of rubble, but there was just enough room so squeeze a bike aound, partially in the trees. Naturally, I figured "Off roading? On a brand new street bike? Why not???"

Pix here: steve68

fz6rwolf

Looks like fun;)

FitZ6R

Looks like fun;)
It was, in a geez-why-am-I-doing-this kinda way.

BTW, the look on my face is intense concentration, not to be confused with sheer terror.

demon408

is your bike dirty as hell? :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

cbzdel

That sounds like that movie Silent Hill. A deserted town due to an underground mine fire burning since the 60's? I mean that's the premise of that movie. :eek:
That is EXACTLY was I was just about to post hahah!!

Yone

Nice! (And that Philly cheesesteak looks amazing!)

Funkmaxtor

I live in this area. I am in Pine Grove. I travel through Schuylkill Haven everyday to go to work. Let me know when you are going out riding in this area again I would love to join up. I love visiting Centralia. I still have a family friend that lives there. It is a really interesting place.

janea

trail riding

i admit, these pics do make me miss my f650gs just a bit. then again, i wouldn't want to get off-road and then have it crap out on me! this inspires me that maybe my fzsixer isn't as "on road" as i thought :)