Traded the old girl in.

Ledgini

Well I couldn't help it. Got a fantastic deal on one of these. It arrives in a few days and I can't wait.

I will be modding the bike as soon as I can so it looks like the bike in the first picture but plus an Akrapovic exhuast system. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Detrich

Is that a 250? Y would u go down in size? :headscratch:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

Ledgini

Like Jon says is the 2011 Honda CBR600 F. I test rode one a month or so back. It has very similar torque to the 6R low down but has a lot more power from around 7000-8000 RPM upwards. It also revs to around 15k so you really feel the power at the top of the rev range. The other thing is it feels as comfortable as the 6R but the handling is much better due to a slightly sportier bias and riding position.

I didn't want to go full Supersport like an R6 or Gixxer 600 because they are a pretty uncomfortable ride. This bike is a really good compromise between our current bike and the supersports.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bloke

A friend of mine just bought a 2003 model of the cbr600f.

It absolutely rinses an xj6. almost 40bhp on top of an fz6r, weighs 100kg less, revs to 14.5k+

Amazing bike.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rr_double_rr

That's the one thing that sticks in my mind here, when I see the 100 ponies part. Our 6R is a detuned and weighted down R6 engine. If they would sell the 6R with the stock R6 engine and trim the weight it would be a beast in the US market. Great fuel economy compared to a car, comfortable riding position, power closer to the R6, and fun as all get out. What would be bad about that?

Spunky99

Love the Union Jack to checker graphics. Looks da bomb in monochrome.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

linkgt

The FZ6 was a detune R6. The 6R is a detune FZ6... So yes, it does make it a way detune R6.
^ that's about right. I thought the FZ6 was pretty much a naked R6S? Anyway it pisses me off that our bikes are a DE-Detuned engine. The Fz6r is my first bike and when I was reading about it I thought it wasn't going to be that big of a deal, the detuned situation and all. But now that I've been riding it for months I do wish it had more power. Especially when I ride with my buddy who has a fz6, and my brother who has a cbr600rr, both 600cc...

The fact that we have to spend over a thousand dollars(TB Exhaust, PCV) to reduce 10 pounds off, and get a few more HP makes me want to :banghead: Sure acceleration improves, but compared to other 600's top speed still sucks. It's heavy for w/e reason, you have to upgrade windscreen, the exhaust is the worst looking of any bike i've ever seen and I can go on and on about it.

I hope that Yamaha puts their brains together and on the next revision fix the fz6r up. Our bike has a lot of potential. It looks like a sportbike and it's very comfortable. Just look at the new Ninja 1000, everyone is raving about it. The same can happen for the fz6r if they smarten up and figure out that not everyone wants a VERY DETUNED 68hp 600cc bike. Oh and they need to stop worrying about damn color schemes. That seems to be top on their agenda -_-

End rant.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

linkgt

LOL The funny thing is... if you had 100HP, you will still spend 1K to get 110 HP. Because I would!:iconbeer:
Yea you're right, and as a matter of fact I probably would too! but I would be a lot more happy if our bike was close to 100hp stock :(

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I hope that Yamaha puts their brains together and on the next revision fix the fz6r up. Our bike has a lot of potential. It looks like a sportbike and it's very comfortable. Just look at the new Ninja 1000, everyone is raving about it. The same can happen for the fz6r if they smarten up and figure out that not everyone wants a VERY DETUNED 68hp 600cc bike. Oh and they need to stop worrying about damn color schemes. That seems to be top on their agenda -_-

End rant.
Isn't that what the FZ8 and FZ1 are for? Sounds to me like they actually have all of the powerbands covered in the standard sportbike world. I would say that there needs to be more options for deciding whether you want any of these to be naked / full fairing / half fairing, but I'm not sure about your argument. If you're not one of those who wants a de-tuned 600, then get an FZ1.

Yes, I'd love to have 100 hp in our bike, but I'm glad I didn't when I first learned to ride. Honda has the 250 as its entry level. Yamaha doesn't. They need something that is a friendly entry into the sport.

Bloke

Yamaha does have one of the best sporty 125's.

Will easily do a ton, is incredibly light and very enjoyable in the bends.

250s are non existent over in the uk really.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

linkgt

Isn't that what the FZ8 and FZ1 are for? Sounds to me like they actually have all of the powerbands covered in the standard sportbike world. I would say that there needs to be more options for deciding whether you want any of these to be naked / full fairing / half fairing, but I'm not sure about your argument. If you're not one of those who wants a de-tuned 600, then get an FZ1.

Yes, I'd love to have 100 hp in our bike, but I'm glad I didn't when I first learned to ride. Honda has the 250 as its entry level. Yamaha doesn't. They need something that is a friendly entry into the sport.
That's an ok point, but at the very least, they should just include the same engine the fz6 has. There is really no need to de-tune that. As for the 250 argument, it's really not fair they sacrifice performance on our bikes if that's what they have in mind. When you buy a 600cc I assume people know what they're getting into and to exercise caution. Plus, I think the fz6r is pretty heavy for those that are just starting.

I'm not asking for 100hp really. An Fz1 is way too much of a gap from the fz6r in terms of performance for you to even suggest that. I've ridden other 600's and the fz6r just doesn't stack up in terms of performance because it's highly de-tuned.