Traded my FZ 2 days ago...

mtheartist

First and foremost I want to thank all of the members for all the help and ideas I've gotten from reading numerous posts. I normally don't start new threads and rarely comment. I learned a great deal by staying in the sidelines as an observer. I went to the dealership hoping to get a GSXR but instead walked out with a ZX6r. It's my first super sport and I only have a year of riding under my belt. I did take the MSF course and my back has been good to me (had sciatic nerve pain just before I started riding). I've checked out the kawasaki forum and I get this feeling of competition and some people seem rather arrogant. If y'all don't mind I'd like to stay here and hopefully learn a few things from other members that ride ninjas like for instance Mr. CrazyKawi. I've learned a few things from his posts. And if there's anybody out there that rides or has ridden the ZX6r I'd love to get some pointers. I really enjoy this forum and my FZ was very good to me. It was hard to part from that bike but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Thanks to all for making this forum so great and helpful to all us new riders in search for help from the smallest to the most complicated thing regarding our bikes. I'm very grateful for this site! :thumbup:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

mtheartist

If you're referring to a passenger, no. I didn't even try on the fz due to my lack of riding experience and my confidence isn't quite there yet. Or where you referring to the sprocket? Sorry for my ignorance, still picking up the bike vocab.

Detrich

Congrats. Beautiful ZX6R. Get a tank pad on that thing pronto b4 u chip it. :)

rskinz6r

congrats. im in the exact same boat as u looking at a gixxer and a zx6r, but the zx6r is a leftover 2011 so im hoping on a damn good deal to change my mind from the gixxer

Wow the 636 is a great bike. Congrats. I had a chance to try it and I posted my thoughts on the bike in the other bike forum. One feature you might consider using is the power setting though i dont know much about it. This might be usefull because the bike does have more power than fz6. I want to trade my fz6r for the 636 too.

mtheartist

Hey Skinz, make sure if your credit is good, Suzuki has 0% interest for up to a 5 year loan. Ends May 31st. I have a BK on my credit so Suzuki declined my application. On the other hand, the sales rep mentioned the Kawi is more bang for your buck with all the extra features and power. I for one, love a white bike and there weren't any black and white GSXR's made for this year. Also in my opinion, the headlights look nicer on the ninja and they're projectors. It slowly has grown on me, since leaving the dealership I wasn't as stoked cuz I really wanted a GSXR.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

mtheartist

Yeah, huge increase in power, however, lucky for me this bike has a full and low power setting along with 3 diff traction control settings. I'm not really a crazy rider and I wear ATGATT! Some riders scare me! Like that guy on one of the posts from earlier. He's racing in traffic in Brazil pulling wheelies in heavy traffic. Just saw one idiot with a passenger a few minutes ago on the freeway. Was in my car, this guy cut me off and was weaving through traffic. To make things worse his bike's tail light wasn't even working. Those idiots make people in cars hate us for riding motorcycles! Felt bad for the girl riding passenger.

Motomama

First and foremost I want to thank all of the members for all the help and ideas I've gotten from reading numerous posts. I normally don't start new threads and rarely comment. I learned a great deal by staying in the sidelines as an observer. I went to the dealership hoping to get a GSXR but instead walked out with a ZX6r. It's my first super sport and I only have a year of riding under my belt. I did take the MSF course and my back has been good to me (had sciatic nerve pain just before I started riding). I've checked out the kawasaki forum and I get this feeling of competition and some people seem rather arrogant. If y'all don't mind I'd like to stay here and hopefully learn a few things from other members that ride ninjas like for instance Mr. CrazyKawi. I've learned a few things from his posts. And if there's anybody out there that rides or has ridden the ZX6r I'd love to get some pointers. I really enjoy this forum and my FZ was very good to me. It was hard to part from that bike but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Thanks to all for making this forum so great and helpful to all us new riders in search for help from the smallest to the most complicated thing regarding our bikes. I'm very grateful for this site! :thumbup:

Congrats on your new ZX6R. It's a great bike. Between me and my husband, we have a few bikes in the garage. One of the bikes is a ZX6R. It's an older one, but she still runs great. I am able to ride it fine, but I find the riding position is very uncomfortable. The ZX6R is a very fun and fast bike. I don't any pointers for you except take your time to get to know the bike and ride within your limits.

I also think it was great of you to ride your FZ6R for a year before you bought another bike. It seems like you got some riding skills down before you moved on. Being in the motorcycle industry, I see and hear things and it seems like you are doing all the right things.

Have fun on your new bike and I think you are in good company with this forum. I couldn't agreed with you more on how the members on this forum are so helpful. I don't see a lot of egos flying around here and I appreciate that. :thumbup:

mtheartist

Congrats on your new ZX6R. It's a great bike. Between me and my husband, we have a few bikes in the garage. One of the bikes is a ZX6R. It's an older one, but she still runs great. I am able to ride it fine, but I find the riding position is very uncomfortable. The ZX6R is a very fun and fast bike. I don't any pointers for you except take your time to get to know the bike and ride within your limits.

I also think it was great of you to ride your FZ6R for a year before you bought another bike. It seems like you got some riding skills down before you moved on. Being in the motorcycle industry, I see and hear things and it seems like you are doing all the right things.

Have fun on your new bike and I think you are in good company with this forum. I couldn't agreed with you more on how the members on this forum are so helpful. I don't see a lot of egos flying around here and I appreciate that. :thumbup:
I really enjoyed learning to be a responsible rider on he FZ. I took the MSF course a month before I bought it and it made all the difference. I also enjoyed doing all the modifications. As for gear, I don't take it lightly. I'm the guy you see on a hot day wearing full leathers. It may look silly but I'd rather look that way and keep my skin intact if I were to be in an accident. I also rode a 2012 Harley Street Glide from Santa Maria to San Diego. That definitely built up my riding confidence. Let me tell you, that's a huge bike in every way: size, weight & power. After that my FZ felt like a toy. And that's why riding the 636 doesn't feel like a chore. Although I may need to lower it a bit. I'm only 5 foot 5 but I keep one foot on the foot brake and plant the left at stops. I might get tired of that soon. You can tell I'm not a Harley guy by the pics on my choice of gear for the ride, but it was cold in February when I went for that ride. I have a lot of respect for Harleys and admire their craftsmanship but I'm a sport bike type guy. Maybe some day down the road.

Attachments

06330i

Welcome to kawaski my friend, you'll love the bike. Might want to add a steering damper to it, I don't know why kawasaki decided not to put on on the 13's and up. Anyways enjoy it and ride safe!!

mtheartist

Welcome to kawaski my friend, you'll love the bike. Might want to add a steering damper to it, I don't know why kawasaki decided not to put on on the 13's and up. Anyways enjoy it and ride safe!!
That's one of the things I asked the salesman but he said it's all electronic down below the triple. Not sure what he meant but the 2011 ZX6r I test rode before I signed the contract did have it. I'll have to research that soon. Yeah this bike is the best I've ever had so I'm really excited. I love having projector lights, they're so bright at night the high beam is almost not needed even in the darkest roads I take. Btw, I was checking out the ZX6R forum and came across a site that sells clear tank pads that act like a skin. They even have them for the headlights and the front fairing. Almost like an iPhone skin. I'm really thinking about doing that to protect my headlight lens from rocks and highway debris. I'm just not sure if I want to buy one of those or the Kawasaki tank protector made for this bike. Here's the link to the clear film pads TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product

SpawnXX

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

Your going to love the bike. First things first, join up at zx6r.com and introduce yourself. Second...Akro is one sexy exhaust on the new 636.

I hope to see you around.

mtheartist

Your going to love the bike. First things first, join up at zx6r.com and introduce yourself. Second...Akro is one sexy exhaust on the new 636.

I hope to see you around.
Haha! The man I was waiting to hear from. Gave you a shout out in the intro.
Been reading some of the threads and some guys really intimidate me. But I did see a lot more forum members there that live super close to me. I'm no speed demon so I can't hang with knee draggers. Seems like most guys with super sports are or try to be. I never liked pipes on the side so the shorter the better and I love how the TBR black series slip on sticks out only inches from behind the peg. I might go that route but the AKRO may be a better exhaust. I really wanted a Yoshi but still haven't seen one I like. Man I wish they had gone undertail on this model like the older '05's. I still have to get used to the SS so I can go ride Palomar Mtn, which is a huge deal here in San Diego. Sort of like Mulholland drive up north. Man wish I could meet u in person but your way out there in MN. BTW I bought the shorty levers for FZ based on your thread. Thanks again and nice to hear from you. I'll be taking as much info from u as i can if that's cool. :sinister: