Traded my FZ 2 days ago...

CrazyCawi

Haha! The man I was waiting to hear from. Gave you a shout out in the intro.
Been reading some of the threads and some guys really intimidate me. But I did see a lot more forum members there that live super close to me. I'm no speed demon so I can't hang with knee draggers. Seems like most guys with super sports are or try to be. I never liked pipes on the side so the shorter the better and I love how the TBR black series slip on sticks out only inches from behind the peg. I might go that route but the AKRO may be a better exhaust. I really wanted a Yoshi but still haven't seen one I like. Man I wish they had gone undertail on this model like the older '05's. I still have to get used to the SS so I can go ride Palomar Mtn, which is a huge deal here in San Diego. Sort of like Mulholland drive up north. Man wish I could meet u in person but your way out there in MN. BTW I bought the shorty levers for FZ based on your thread. Thanks again and nice to hear from you. I'll be taking as much info from u as i can if that's cool. :sinister:
Yeah man, Ill shoot you a pm with my phone number. Or maybe Mr. dockenhoff or what ever his name is can scare us all with how he can find all the historical shit on this website and post it up for you. None the less, I agree on the shorty exhaust. Dont worry about hangin with the knee draggers either, so heed caution with palomar, take it easy and go when your ready. Your better off riding your pace and making it home in one piece and your new bike in tact than to go beyond your means and not accomplish either of those. I value life more then street cred, which is why I tend to play sweeper on most rides. No one is pushing me, and I hit corners at my own pace. Im more comfy in switchbacks on right turns, so if I slow up for a left It messes people up behind me and I dont want to risk mine, nor anyone else's safety. Dont be intimidated by those guys over at zx6r. Corvus is good shit, and so is old ninja dude, whocanitbe, powergroove, robmarz, m5drumz, and so many more......they are all good shit. They may bust your balls if you make dumb posts about adding 400 led's all over your bike and if they make tastle kits for the bar ends....but if you avoid making threads like that, your in good graces :)

First thing you need to get for your ss to start off with good habits and add a bit of safety----techspec tank pads.

mtheartist

Yeah man, Ill shoot you a pm with my phone number. Or maybe Mr. dockenhoff or what ever his name is can scare us all with how he can find all the historical shit on this website and post it up for you. None the less, I agree on the shorty exhaust. Dont worry about hangin with the knee draggers either, so heed caution with palomar, take it easy and go when your ready. Your better off riding your pace and making it home in one piece and your new bike in tact than to go beyond your means and not accomplish either of those. I value life more then street cred, which is why I tend to play sweeper on most rides. No one is pushing me, and I hit corners at my own pace. Im more comfy in switchbacks on right turns, so if I slow up for a left It messes people up behind me and I dont want to risk mine, nor anyone else's safety. Dont be intimidated by those guys over at zx6r. Corvus is good shit, and so is old ninja dude, whocanitbe, powergroove, robmarz, m5drumz, and so many more......they are all good shit. They may bust your balls if you make dumb posts about adding 400 led's all over your bike and if they make tastle kits for the bar ends....but if you avoid making threads like that, your in good graces :)

First thing you need to get for your ss to start off with good habits and add a bit of safety----techspec tank pads.
Will do! And yeah I need to find some grip for the sides of the tank. I find my knees sliding all over the place. Off to get some insurance!! Thanks bud!

CrazyCawi

Will do! And yeah I need to find some grip for the sides of the tank. I find my knees sliding all over the place. Off to get some insurance!! Thanks bud!
yeah, motomummy.com is the best for quick shipping and accurate uninflated prices on that stuff. Make sure you do full coverage, dont be like all the noobs out there who just go with liability because it saves em $50 a month.

mtheartist

yeah, motomummy.com is the best for quick shipping and accurate uninflated prices on that stuff. Make sure you do full coverage, dont be like all the noobs out there who just go with liability because it saves em $50 a month.
Most definitely, my 6 mo. premium only increased slightly from the FZ here is what my agent quoted me: "Here you go!
It’s $345.88 total for six months (difference of $76.03 from your current premium)". That's 25/50/75 and $250 deductibles on comprehensive and collision. I got a massive discount for having completed the MSF COURSE. The $250 I paid has more than paid for itself in just insurance alone!

2wheelie

Great bike. I had one in 2002 (bought new). I made 25k miles on it riding different roads and enjoyed it a lot. Late on in 2011 while having the FZ6R, I bought another 2006 636. Good power. 2up don't even feel it, just not very comfortable... I sold it as I use FZ for long distance travel and don't have much time ride 2 bikes. But from time to time I do miss the power and liveliness of the ZX6R...
Congrats and enjoy!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Alex6

As far as tank grips go, I went from being a big TechSpec fan to HT Moto. You can go to their site and request samples of their various materials and they'll send them to you for free. Once you decide which one to go with, they're much less expensive than TechSpecs are and have better adhesive to boot. I'm using their molded black ones on my Street Triple and love them. Work as well as the C3 TechSpecs, but wear better and look better too, IMO.
That was very good info, thanks!

CrazyCawi

as far as tank grips go, i went from being a big techspec fan to ht moto. You can go to their site and request samples of their various materials and they'll send them to you for free. Once you decide which one to go with, they're much less expensive than techspecs are and have better adhesive to boot. I'm using their molded black ones on my street triple and love them. Work as well as the c3 techspecs, but wear better and look better too, imo.

congrats on the new bike, but be careful on it. I'd recommend you take it to a local track that offers classes. That will do more to help you than several years riding on the streets.

Sent from my nexus 7 using tapatalk hd
those look awesome. When i wear my tech's out ill probably give those a try! Maybe ill get a set for the 250 as well with that brand

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

mtheartist

I can't say for sure what models they'll have pre cut pads for, but if they don't have one for the bike you're looking for they also sell a cut your own kit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
I couldn't find one for my bike. I just know if I'm not wearing my leather 2 piece, I'm all over the place. I need something bad! BTW, what do u guys think about the tank slapper kit instead of the typical tank protector? Sort of like a clear skin for your phone...