To call or not to call?

6R Blackout

I was on my way home just minutes ago when two litre bikes pass me doing between 75-95mph so I speed up so my daughter can see them(cause she loves streetbikes and yes she is only 5 but being I have a bike she loves bikes). Anyway as I am kinda keeping up to them so she can see them I notice one has no license plate, the other bike starts to pass me and he also has no license plate. Not that this matters but one was on a Gixxer 1000 or 750 and the other was a ZX-10R no mistaking this one I knew it from the front to the tail light. Both bikes fairings were flapping in the wind like they were all cracked and broken or just missing all the screws, the Gixxer however his tire was showing a line all the way down the center like it was worn to the core. The Gixxer really didn't look safe to ride period.:wtfgun: The Kawi sounded like it was unsafe to be on.:wtfgun:

So here is my question to you guys and gals, should I have called the police and told them about the two bikes on I-10 riding with no license plates?:don'tknow:

They were wearing helmets but no other protective gear. They really weren't doing anything squidish except accelerating hard to about 90-100mph:eek: and then letting of to normal highway speed and then doing it again.

I am just curious cause if they had no plates then
1. Did they have insurance?
2. Were they stolen?

Would I have done a good deed to the "Bike World" or not?
Would I have infact been a help to them?

Spunky99

Blow it off.
You are not your Brother's keeper.

arse

See it every day in cleveland.

CDN6R

Well honestly you could have reported it to the Police,but with no plate on the bike I do not think that there is much they could do. They could put out a APB but bikes being what they are,can get away pretty fast and can be hidden fairly easily. Myself.. I probably would have reported it just so that there may be a chance that it may just save someone's life...the riders or an innocent by stander. Now I must mention this and I believe that I have to rain on your parade,,but why are you riding with your daughter who is only 5 at those rates of speed to catch a glimse of these 2 jokers. Myself I would never ride that fast with my daughter whether she is 5 or 25. Sure you wanted her to see the bikes that she likes,,,I get that but there are lots of bikes around and you could slow down and see them just as well or park where you two can say garb an ice cream and watch go but, IMHO 75-95 MPH is way to fast for a 5 year old (You did say that you sped up and was kind of keep up with them)

6R Blackout

Well honestly you could have reported it to the Police,but with no plate on the bike I do not think that there is much they could do. They could put out a APB but bikes being what they are,can get away pretty fast and can be hidden fairly easily. Myself.. I probably would have reported it just so that there may be a chance that it may just save someone's life...the riders or an innocent by stander. Now I must mention this and I believe that I have to rain on your parade,,but why are you riding with your daughter who is only 5 at those rates of speed to catch a glimse of these 2 jokers. Myself I would never ride that fast with my daughter whether she is 5 or 25. Sure you wanted her to see the bikes that she likes,,,I get that but there are lots of bikes around and you could slow down and see them just as well or park where you two can say garb an ice cream and watch go but, IMHO 75-95 MPH is way to fast for a 5 year old (You did say that you sped up and was kind of keep up with them)
You didn't rain on my parade and yes you are correct I shouldn't have sped up but for the most part I was next to them when they were doing in the 70's range and yes I shouldn't have done that with my little lady in the truck with me. Cause if something were to have happened I would never forgive myself. I am glad you brought that to my attention cause I was so caught up in looking at them waiting for something to fly of or a tire to go that I didn't even think about my daughters safety. Thanks for bringing me back to reality! You know the thing that really caught my eye at first is they were on the shoulder and they just up and got in front of me as I was already in the right lane and good thing I was paying attention cause either one had enough light on the rear of there bikes to see them that good. They had no reflective anything and the brake light were so small and dim they were hard to see. I realized it was two bikes cause when they pulled off the side of the rode I heard them accelerating and the bikes were loud so maybe that was a good thing, cause if I hadn't heard them I may not a braked just a bit and hit them.

BKP

Let it go... Darwin will take care of 'em...

6R Blackout

Just pisses me off cause I have to have visible plate on my bike and carry ins and it all has to be current!

They just get on any bike stolen or not plate or not expired or not and just go with no consequence. Yeah I did blow it off and I didn't call the police but I sure hope they get caught.

It does make me feel at ease that this doesn't happen in my town only and some of you have seen riders with no plates I thought "Only in New Orleans does this kinda thing go on and no one cares".:bsflag:JUST:bsflag:

Detrich

Unless you witnessed them first hand committing a crime- ie hit and run, run someone off the road etc.- then if they were just speeding and squidding then it's prolly better to leave them be. hard for the cops to I'd them or get there fast enough anyways.

6R Blackout

Unless you witnessed them first hand committing a crime- ie hit and run, run someone off the road etc.- then if they were just speeding and squidding then it's prolly better to leave them be. hard for the cops to I'd them or get there fast enough anyways.

No they weren't doing anything wrong they just didn't have the plates on there bikes, thats all I am saying, like I said those bikes could have been stolen and if they didn't have license plates you know they didn't have insurance or even a registration. That is my point.

I mean look at it this way all of us here on the forum have visible plates insurance registration and a motorcycle endorsement on our license. Those guys most likely didn't have any of that. If I did that I would go to jail they most likely ride like that all the time, What gives them the right to not abide by the law and have all correct documentation. Maybe one day they will get caught and suffer the consequences but I will never know.

I will be more vigilant to looking if a motorcycle has visible plates or not, not that I will do anything about it.

CDN6R

You didn't rain on my parade and yes you are correct I shouldn't have sped up but for the most part I was next to them when they were doing in the 70's range and yes I shouldn't have done that with my little lady in the truck with me. Cause if something were to have happened I would never forgive myself. I am glad you brought that to my attention cause I was so caught up in looking at them waiting for something to fly of or a tire to go that I didn't even think about my daughters safety. Thanks for bringing me back to reality! You know the thing that really caught my eye at first is they were on the shoulder and they just up and got in front of me as I was already in the right lane and good thing I was paying attention cause either one had enough light on the rear of there bikes to see them that good. They had no reflective anything and the brake light were so small and dim they were hard to see. I realized it was two bikes cause when they pulled off the side of the rode I heard them accelerating and the bikes were loud so maybe that was a good thing, cause if I hadn't heard them I may not a braked just a bit and hit them.
Good Day.... I am glad that you are not pissed at me for my thoughts, but being a parent myself all I could think of was how bad that could have been for your daughter if something aweful happened. Yes it annoys me too when we as motorcyclists do all the correct and legal things that we are supposed to and some yard ape does stupid stuff and then we ALL get tared with the same brush. Do you find that because we here ride a "Sporty" style bike that we all get accused of riding a "crotch rocket" and are thought of as "stunters"? More that once I had to explain that the 6R is a Sport Touring bike,,,but people just say "Oh I see" wink::wink.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Good Day.... I am glad that you are not pissed at me for my thoughts, but being a parent myself all I could think of was how bad that could have been for your daughter if something aweful happened. Yes it annoys me too when we as motorcyclists do all the correct and legal things that we are supposed to and some yard ape does stupid stuff and then we ALL get tared with the same brush. Do you find that because we here ride a "Sporty" style bike that we all get accused of riding a "crotch rocket" and are thought of as "stunters"? More that once I had to explain that the 6R is a Sport Touring bike,,,but people just say "Oh I see" wink::wink.
Yes I do think that we get a bad rap cause most people think we have crotch rockets! Again I want to thank you and reasure you that you did not rain on my parade and made me think, now I won't be so inclined to keep up just so she can see the "motorbikes".

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

long as they aren't harming you, no way, let em be. if they continue taking chances, they'll get caught sooner or later

Roaddawg

Just pisses me off cause I have to have visible plate on my bike and carry ins and it all has to be current!

They just get on any bike stolen or not plate or not expired or not and just go with no consequence. Yeah I did blow it off and I didn't call the police but I sure hope they get caught.

It does make me feel at ease that this doesn't happen in my town only and some of you have seen riders with no plates I thought "Only in New Orleans does this kinda thing go on and no one cares".:bsflag:JUST:bsflag:
Those two guys are just in the process of "natural selection" gearing up. Those type of guys aren't special to just where you live...I'd imagine it's somewhat common where everyone lives. It is here in the Bay Area...especially on the weekends. We even have a sport bike motorcycle club here called the Sport Bike Freaks. They do stupid shit all the time...stunting and running from the cops.

You say these guys are riding with NO consequences. Not true. They will eventually get caught and/or meet the reaper...it's just about timing. It's coming to them.