Time to eat some crow

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

DragonBlu

I have two Shoei helmets and like them both. I have had many over the 40 some years I've been riding and they are tops in my book. :D

sammy56

I second the Shoei choice...great helmet. I too purchased an RF-1000 at a discount since they were discontinued. Great fit for most although the Arai Profile is supposed to be even better for those with narrower heads. I could not find any Arai Profiles to try on and the Shoei is a 98% great fit for me. Shoei's have great aerodynamics and no "my head is being ripped from my neck" feeling at higher speeds.

ry-mac75

I was actually sent some research on helmets, in terms of impact rating... ICON scored higher than most of the high end helmets.

Here's the link to the article - good read... the editor was actually fired over this.

If you're looking for the test scores for helmets - rollover the pic of the ZOX helmet.

Helmet Performance: Blowing the Lid Off - Motorcyclist magazine

stuna

ITS THAT WAY FOR LOT OF THINGS . SHUR ITS GREAT UNTIL YOU TRY SOMETHING ELSE :surrender:
MY BIKE RODE FINE STOCK , BUT COMPARED TO NOW I WOULD GET BEAT UP

JonKerr

Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

JnT4Life

What about wind noise levels? Which is the most quite?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Shoei for my next helmet as well. Mine is currently damaged and I'm spending money on fixing my bike first.

Looking at the Shoei RF-1100 Diabolic Revelation but I don't really like the whole "skull" reference, it has on the back.

Call me girly, but the front and sides look good with the angel etc then you turn it on the back it has a red skull with flames!

I'm trying to find a helmet with angels or so on it as a sign to "protect" your head and bring good luck. Don't really like adding stickers/decals/airbrush to a helmet.