Time for a change!

alh081

Its been a while since i really posted on here but still been lurking around now and then. Nothing been new w/ the bike but I do want a change. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........i will be changing the color!!!

I'm thinking orange right now, what you guys think??

Here are all the possible colors.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Welcome back alh081!
I have missed your high-res photo submissions...

New colour sounds fun, I'd been keen to see some sort of combination with Bright Orange, Intense Blue and highlights in Sunflower or Blue Metallic.

Whoah that sounded kind of like my Mrs talking new hair colours:eek:

roundhouse

i would love to see the end result if you do try it. I assume there will be a trial and error period to start with. wish you the best if you proceed with this endeavor.

HotSauce

Go for it!!!! If you contact 3m, they will send you a color sample pack of all of the 1080 films. It took about a week to get it when I called them. Much better to see the colors in person than to guess based on what it looks like online. The stuff is fairly easy to work with; just be patient with it, and it would really help to have a second set of hands when laying the sheet over large areas like the side fairings. Other than that, you can manage wrapping the whole thing yourself, and I'd suggest setting aside a full weekend to do it. I wrapped my fiance's bike almost a month ago, and so far there is no peeling or anything, and the bike looks great! I'll be doing mine probably this winter, and I'm thinking about the Matte Apple Green. Good luck, and post some pics when it's done!!

HotSauce

How much is it gonna cost you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
I spend $90 on a 5' x 8' sheet, and wrapped a CBR 250R with plenty of extra. I probably could have gotten away with a 5' x 4' sheet if I had spend more time measuring before ordering, and that would have cut the cost down to $50.

alh081

i've seen a few of their matte finishes...never seen their gloss one. i'm actually going to a distributor to check out all the colors maybe within the next week and then maybe get it done within the next month. I've wrapped interior pieces before which turned out good, but will not be doing the bike myself. Having it professionally done.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

alh081

orange actually looks really good. maybe i go w/ the gloss burnt orange. thanks for sharing...but it all depends when i see the vinyl in person. It takes more work to apply/remove than pdip for sure but its pretty durable. I mean, ppl do it do their cars right!?

latony007

blue

Id pick the blue steel but that's just me. I wish the accents on my pearl white were that kind of blue color instead of red. The obvious nice thing about orange is that its pretty visible though.

alh081

so....its been a while but finally about ready to make a decision. I recently low sided and have not been riding during recovery, but did a lot of riding today to get back into it. Since i do have some minor damages on the fairings, i'd like to move on my the wrap.

After looking into the colors a bit more...i wanted to choose one of these. Matte red metallic, matte blue metallic, or matte white...I love the white thats original on the bike which is why im leaning towards the matte white, then the blue, then the red.

hopefully get it all done by end of the month!