Tighten throttle

Mikester88

My whole throttle keeps moving. Like the whole plastic piece with the starter button and all. Sometimes the whole thing starts turning down and I have to grab the plastic and turn it back up. Sometimes it starts sliding towards the end like it's ganna slide right off the handle bar lol. How to u tighten that up?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Superfly

My whole throttle keeps moving. Like the whole plastic piece with the starter button and all. Sometimes the whole thing starts turning down and I have to grab the plastic and turn it back up. Sometimes it starts sliding towards the end like it's ganna slide right off the handle bar lol. How to u tighten that up?
not to sound mean but if you need to ask this question you should get the dealer to service your bike and make sure its done correctly. Sounds like a warranty item anyways. You can have quite a scare or accident if you dont have the throttle operating correctly.

Mikester88

not to sound mean but if you need to ask this question you should get the dealer to service your bike and make sure its done correctly. Sounds like a warranty item anyways. You can have quite a scare or accident if you dont have the throttle operating correctly.
Yea I know how u see it man. Nah it's not that bad. It'll maybe move have an inch over a whole day. It's not slipping around like crazy. Still annoyin though

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Mikester88

Wow, just looked up your location... you're way down there (spent time in Slidell and a weekend or two in New Orleans..), like way down... man, I'll tell you like I've told all my other Louisiana buddies, have some crawfish for me!

I haven't looked, but it should be one or two bolts/screws that will tighten it down. You just have to spend a little time with your baby and get to know her. Every tool you will ever need is in the toolkit (though not the best out there, really recommend investing in a good set of hex head sockets and basic tools if you haven't all ready)...

If you're not comfortable wrenching around, find a buddy who is and learn from them. If you have to go to the dealer.... ask questions (I've learned a lot over the years, at a price premium of course, by simply asking, "What/How/Why did you do what you did to find and fix my problems").

Good luck!
Dude crawfish rocks!!! I ussually eat it atleast once a week during crawfish season. Is crawfish really that uncommen outside of Louisiana? Anyways. I figured out the throttle thx yall.

ry-mac75

And I would totally give the dealer crap fro half assing the assemble job. That's bush league!

I love the smell of crawfish cooking... the spices will make your nose run from like 15 feet away - just awesome.

Party at your place!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Mikester88

Some. I like a grilled shrimp skewer now and then. Not a huge seafood eater. For me seafood consists of grilled shrimp, fried calamari, grilled lobster tail, and a good grilled bass filet. Other than that, I'm not huge on it. Worst thing I've ever eaten was some kind of tuna sushi I tried at a high end seafood place on Coronado a few years back. :eek:
Well Jon, crawfish is just like a shrimp only better. Way better. Oh, and shrimp is bait too ;) actually it's the most common bait we use down here ha.