Thought I'd share this with you guys

yellowFZ6r

OK, so I'm heading home today from the gym and I pull up to a red light and stop, right. Out of nowhere a squid on a Gixxer pulls up (only a helmet on) and stops and revs at me (yes, i'm in full gear), and I'm a noob to the riding world. I'm still trying to break my bike in, but I think what the hell I'll give it some juice off the line to maybe 7K then left off, so I do. Maybe 5 seconds later I look back, and the guy on the gixxer had stalled out his bike at the light and is just sitting there trying to get it moving. Now I know I'm not the most experienced or best rider in the world, but at that moment in time I felt damn good about myself. Now I know that there is absolutely NO WAY I could have taken him at all, but I was able to ride home with my shoulders held just a little higher. Thought I'd just share that little story with you guys! LOL

Cmltoe

Nicely done! I remember the same type of deal with my brother in a much faster manual car. Light turns green and I just see his body convulsing from the stall. We laughed so hard and calmly pulled away.......

A terrible case of premature ejubilation.......

JonKerr

Elite Member

Osoreru

Just be careful taking off from lights like that. I had a Mustang try and race me from a light. I saw the cop sitting in a driveway about 200 yards down the road. He didn't. Light turned green, he took off screeching the tires, I rolled off slowly. Cop pulls him over, I roll by and just shake my head. Never know when those guys are sitting in the shadows waiting for that.
I've seen this exact thing happen many, MANY times to people here. In fact, my brother has been a cop for over 25 years now, and he's done it to people on multiple occasions. It's kinda amusing, really.

Regardless though, grats on smokin and shamin the guy. Always fun when that happens.

cavcuz05

Used to go to bike/car shows and right out of the parking lot a guy has a cardboard sign <-----safety cops-----> , i was suprised how many would burn there tires to the right.

rr_double_rr

I'll do a spirited take off, but nothing that can be construed as racing. Sure, you're red light weenis may be bigger than mine, but my insurance premiums are lower. :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

stuna

MY STORY IS
RIDING MY 1800 WING DOWN THE HY WAY , ROCKET BOY PULLS UP :confused:
YA WHAT DO YOU WANT . A WIND RIDING 2 UP PULLING A TRAILER . YA WANT TO RACE:eek:
HE STAYS THERE FOR A WHILE . HITS THE GAS :thumbup:. THEN BLAAAAAAAA NO GO UNTIL HE SHIFTS DOWN :surrender: YE HA HES GONE . GREAT
A FEW MILES UP TE ROAD :D:D:D:D:D HE HE COPPER GOT HIM , I HONK KEEP GOING :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

lol someone was a little exciteable