This is Serious...What Would You Do?

CrazyCawi

What would you do if right now your TV flipped to the emergency broadcast channel to inform you Martial law is in force and dooms day has begun or we were under attack?....honestly what would you do?

Think about it..... Would you sit there and blockade yourself, go to loved ones...try to go somewhere specific...what would you do?

The wife and I were watching the Walking dead, and afterwards we saw a Dooms Day Show, It prompted me to ask her the same question of What would she do if that exact moment Dooms Day, An EMP, or Us being under attack started to happen.....

You dont have to name specific locations or anything if you already do have a plan.....but shit....this is a scary thought if you think of it in a realistic manner how fast things can progress.

We figured to quick get as much warm clothing on as we could, get on the bike, and ride as fast as we could to her parents house. They live out in bumb fuck egypt with a lot of food, generator, and storage that we could utilize. Problem is, its 40 miles from us. We dont own any pistols or rifles to protect ourselves but her father does. This prompted me to think of needing to get a permit to purchase, and get a pistol. So then we started thinking of how we could stay safe in our apartment, but we would be to susceptible because we have a huge deck with a glass patio which is easily scaled onto and broken into. We have a walgreens a block away....So my thoughts were to A) get our gun and ammo, go to walgreens to get some of the major antibiotics, and to flee to a safe remote location like her parents, but cautiously. Then we started to think: What if national guard has the roads blockaded, or traffic runs rampant......or what if it happens in the dead of winter with -10* windchill factor and a few feet of snow with no plows out to plow.....some scary shit.....

24KMACH

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfuAsULKaA]Grab Your Ankles And Kiss Your Ass Good-bye Audio Pre-Recorded Radio Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

0150r

If something like that happens, you should have some time before hell breaks loose. It takes time to activate the Guard and people would be rational for a bit of time. They would be focused on what they need to get done before the chaos hit.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Can I ask you a few questions?

- Do you know what you'd do if you woke up in the middle of the night and the place was on fire?
- Do you know what you'd do if a major storm knocked out the power for several days and made the roads impassable?
- What if the same storm tore off your roof or otherwise damaged the place yo live in?
- What if that same storm meant you couldn't get or buy food, or anything else? (And assume that no power = no atm or credit cards, so you better have cash!)
- Do you know what you'd do if some sort of supply interruption cut off fuel supply to your area for 7-10 days?
These are right along the lines of disaster...any form of it....not just what I mentioned.....

These thoughts hadnt occured to my 24 year old brain until today unfortunately....thats why I popped on here to ask.....

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

arse

I always keep a shit ton of water, non perishables and my mossberg 500 with about 400 rounds. Never let gas get below half, silver is at parents house 20 min away.

I Need more ammo. And an ak47

Chevyfazer

And the answer is the same. Plan for what you can plan for. Planning for some sort of unknown, unforseeable, vauge event that will happen for reasons you can't forsee and will play out in a manner you can't predict because you saw something like it in some movie is just a waste of time.

What will I do? Give me the details of what I'm planning for, and I'll tell you. For most things, I'd stay put until I have a better plan.
If you stick to the idea of "planning what you can plan for" your likely to get something unexpected come up. Just look at everybody in the northeast, nobody planned for that and they were told well ahead of time that it could get real bad. Plus most plans can be adapted to fit any situation. Just like the CDC gave out zombie preparedness advice, they know that's not going to happen but it got people thinking about emergency preparedness.

My idea on all of this stuff is really pretty simple, plan for the worst hope for the best. I'm not ashamed to admit at all that I have a "bug out bag" but If I mention that to people they instant think I'm some sort of conspiracy theorist which couldn't be farther from the truth. I seriously doubt anything crazy will happen in the coming years or months but with all the bs you hear and see I figured why not, better to have it and not need it than need t and not have it.

danieljardim

"Can I ask you a few questions?

- Do you know what you'd do if you woke up in the middle of the night and the place was on fire?
- Do you know what you'd do if a major storm knocked out the power for several days and made the roads impassable?
- What if the same storm tore off your roof or otherwise damaged the place yo live in?
- What if that same storm meant you couldn't get or buy food, or anything else? (And assume that no power = no atm or credit cards, so you better have cash!)
- Do you know what you'd do if some sort of supply interruption cut off fuel supply to your area for 7-10 days?"

SOUNDS LIKE HURRICANE SANDY

roundhouse

i think after something like that it will be relatively peaceful for a few days or even weeks until food and water shortages create desperate people.

i would not be prepared with more than 1-2 weeks of food and water depending.

a month ago i took an outdoor survival class with "randall adventure training" which i recommend highly

i have an ar15 and several other guns. 1000 rounds of 5.56 and 500-9mm and 2000- .22.

i train Muay Thai boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (even if i am not very good against trained fighters i should get the best of an untrained guy) I took an SDO tactical flashlight course saturday which was a blast.

my son is a shooter and a martial artist. we are in fantastic cardio shape

but i have not really thought about stocking up on food. maybe i should

SpawnXX

Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

HotSauce

You can't prepare for everything

IMO, I would lay low for a while; I've got a decent arsenal that I've built up over the years to protect the ones I love, and we always have enough non-perishable food and a healthy stock of bottled water at "home" (right now an apartment). It's hard to prepare for the unknown; I slowly add to my "Go Bag" every now and then when I find something worth putting in there, but if there was a chemical attack for example, all that would go to waste because I haven't spent any of my resources on acquiring suits and masks. My girlfriend and I live in IA, both our parents are in VA, my sisters and brother-in-law are in TX...there would be no easy way to get to any of them without time. Hell, even comms might go down after some time, then what do we do? I haven't invested in a sat phone either so contacting family would be that much more difficult.

You see the people on Doomsday Preppers (I think that's the name of the show) and it's easy to poke holes in all of their contigency plans. I think the best thing you can do is build up what you think is important to you, and hope that gets you by. I could talk for hours on this subject; it absolutely fascinates me, but I must get back to work....

I leave you on this last note, let's not forget that 3 days after the hurricane hit, someone pulled a gun at a gas station...you think it's bad now when someone down the street has power and you don't, I think a lot of us could be in a for a surprise if something bigger ever did happen.

Great discussion and topic!!!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member