There are squids...

slaythoven

...then there's this guy I saw yesterday riding his Triumph hog with no shirt, no gloves, cargo shorts, flip flops...and a full face HJC helmet. :rof:

JSP

Super Moderator
= Squid... :squid:

AngryAnt

That kind of reminds me of when I picked up my bike a couple weeks back.

I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for them to put bring it out after putting on the lowering kit, when I saw a dirt bike pass wearing nothing but a full face helmet and cargo shorts. He was probably going about 50 on a busy road on Slidell, LA.

CrazyCawi

That kind of reminds me of when I picked up my bike a couple weeks back.

I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for them to put bring it out after putting on the lowering kit, when I saw a dirt bike pass wearing nothing but a full face helmet and cargo shorts. He was probably going about 50 on a busy road on Slidell, LA.
I hope he has a gentle little low side :rant:

roundhouse

LOL i saw a guy on a sportster wearing medical scrubs, a black vest with patches all over it, no helmet, and crocs when i dropped off my wife for work at the hospital last week

live to ride, ride to live nurse biker badass!

Cautious_Corner i was just in Slidell and my wife is there now!

iSpoolin

Yeah thats ultimate squid right there haha

The worst I ever do is ride in shorts/tennis shoes if i'm going to the movies or something (about a mile down the road from my house, the theaters a local meet spot for car/bikes) because I don't want to stand in 80 degree weather and talk with pants and full boots on for hours.

CrazyCawi

Yeah thats ultimate squid right there haha

The worst I ever do is ride in shorts/tennis shoes if i'm going to the movies or something (about a mile down the road from my house, the theaters a local meet spot for car/bikes) because I don't want to stand in 80 degree weather and talk with pants and full boots on for hours.

:eek:.......:squid::squid::squid::squid::squid:.......:justkidding:

iSpoolin

:eek:.......:squid::squid::squid::squid::squid:.......:justkidding:
haha, other then to there i'm in full leather/armor so its ok lol, its literally a 5 second drive, I pull out from my complex, all the riding is on a single straight stretch that not really trafficd, and then I make a left and park haha

CrazyCawi

I do the same when I go to the grocery store at the top of my hill quick. No sense fully gearing to go 5 blocks and into a grocery store, I just had to tease ya :D

iSpoolin

I do the same when I go to the grocery store at the top of my hill quick. No sense fully gearing to go 5 blocks and into a grocery store, I just had to tease ya :D
This is true, yes I feel Safer when in full gear, but honestly sometimes it doesn't fit where your going. Generally I never take the bike out unless i'm going for a long ride or to go chill at the local car meet, I never use it for going to work or anything anymore.

Crocop43

am i missing something?????????? The only Squids i know are what we call people in the navy.....

CrazyCawi

squid (skwd)
n. pl. squids or squid
A motorcycle rider who demonstrates a lack of respect for the general public and the failure to realize the possible negative impact that could result from their riding actions on public or non-public roads.

The squid is just unable to rationalize or conceptualize the possible negative outcomes resulting from their actions. This is regardless of whether or not they wear protective gear.

The squid does not realize that it is not that they are not wearing gear that makes them a squid - it is the fact that they think they are exempt from social morales and can pull a 10 o`clock wheelie on public roads or weave in and out of traffic at twice the traffic speed just because they can.

Crocop43

ohhhhh where i come from we just calls those people a dumbask