The FZ6R got some new parts, and its ready for my girl!

iSpoolin

Alright guys, so yesterday while I was at work a buddy of mine went to my apartment and picked up the FZ6R and took it back to his shop to install the RT Lowering Link and Kickstand. It seemed to lower the bike ALOT! I rode it home and that thing feels funky now, ecspecially after souly riding the Daytona for the past month. upright ergo's and that low to the ground was freaky haha

Anyway i'll be taking my girl out this evening and letting her take her first venture into operating a bike on her own! (besides dirtbikes) I'll update this thread with pics and everything tonight :)

CrazyCawi

Maybe this means she would be willing to participate in our scavenger hunt as well by posing in a bikini on your bike? mmk thanks :thumbup:

Now on the other side of things, good luck to her and you :) Im excited to hear how it goes

DragonBlu

Have faith guys! He's a man with a plan. She will do alright,just stress for her to get those feet on the ground and not lean it over center when stopped. Have fun! :)

iSpoolin

Pull all the fairings off and wrap the gas tank with something and go to a parking lot
I was going to do that, but she got all sad and said it showed I wasn't confident in her lol

iSpoolin

Maybe this means she would be willing to participate in our scavenger hunt as well by posing in a bikini on your bike? mmk thanks :thumbup:

Now on the other side of things, good luck to her and you :) Im excited to hear how it goes
Well, what scavengar hunt? lol and what bike? i'm sure I could talk her into it pretty easy haha

DragonBlu

Maybe this means she would be willing to participate in our scavenger hunt as well by posing in a bikini on your bike?

Damn is that all you ever think of? Shame on you CC , on second thought shame on me too. :D:D

CrazyCawi

Lol all I think of?.... nope, but first thing that comes to mind :D...YES!

DakinechicK

So I guess you don't need those pics anymore that you were asking for? Sorry for not being able to upload them.

DragonBlu

Hold on now,nobody said anything about not needing pics. I'm sure nobody would be offended by pictures.:D

iSpoolin

She still wants some on the Gixxer Dakine just so she knows the challenges ahead of her, but if you can't get em to work its cool, no worries!

beefcake morris

I don't know how much fairing are compared to the cost of a MSF course in WV, but at least she could drop their bike. That way she can get the first drop out of the way if she or you are worried. In addition the bike height would be near the same on your bike since it is lowered.

The biggest thing I see with people learning to control a bike going slow is not having the handle bars straight when they come to a complete stop. Also, keep your head and eyes up. If you look down you will put a foot down or possibly fall down.

CrazyCawi

So I guess you don't need those pics anymore that you were asking for? Sorry for not being able to upload them.
We still would like those as well :surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

anson650

Somewhere along the way the post got hijacked.
So how did your girl friend do? Did you imply she has ridden in the dirt? If she did I'll bet she did just fine. If she does drop it don't make a big fuss. I lost a very good woman making a fuss about a set of forks.
Been to Elkins,WV. Stopped by to see a friend. It took me a year to get out of there and I have not been the same since.
Anson

Gwai lo 2.0

Alright guys, so yesterday while I was at work a buddy of mine went to my apartment and picked up the FZ6R and took it back to his shop to install the RT Lowering Link and Kickstand. It seemed to lower the bike ALOT! I rode it home and that thing feels funky now, ecspecially after souly riding the Daytona for the past month. upright ergo's and that low to the ground was freaky haha

Anyway i'll be taking my girl out this evening and letting her take her first venture into operating a bike on her own! (besides dirtbikes) I'll update this thread with pics and everything tonight :)
Did you lower the forks as well? Cuz to my understanding you should lower the front equally with the rear or it will throw off the handling characteristics of the bike.

iSpoolin

Basically all I got to teach her yesterday was clutch control, about throttle control, small stuff, sadly I she can still barely tippy toe on the bike. So I don't know if i'm comfortable with her riding it.