The fiancee and I had a talk

CrazyCawi

She really wants a bike....as in shes tired of riding on the back, signed up for MSF classes and everything. SOOOOOOO beings I already put on almost 5k on the fz this year...Im considering giving her the fz and upgrading myself. Now this isnt a joke like the trike thread Im actually being serious here. Considering an 07 daytona 675 in red I found. I know I love the fz, its been an amazing bike...But I think with how forgiving the bike is its perfect for the fiance IMO, and itll be lowered for her as well. Rather than getting her a newer 250 or something this allows me to upgrade while she still has a nice bike as well with power to keep up but not to much either. Im not sure how soon this will pan out or how we will go about it but we will see.

here is a pic of the 675...its at a local dealer here, ill probably go test drive it tomorrow or the following day.

View attachment 22492

Detrich

the 675 is a really nice bike :) let us know how you like it. one of my friends sold his CBR and has been pining for a 675, but has so far not found a used one in the color he likes yet.

i think one of the first things you'll notice coming off the FZ6R is how freaking light the 675 is in comparison. and, after u get used to the riding position, it starts becoming really clear why the extra weight on the FZ6R really draws the line between sport touring vs super sport. but, that's what makes the 6R such a great bike. :)

CrazyCawi

The thing im not looking forward to is insurance....the fz is so cheap on it($38 a month full coverage)....Ive almost considered buying another fz new and letting her have the older one....uhg idk.

ajiribarren

Have you ridden one yet? Amazing bike but the heat from the undertail exhaust is not for everyone...

CrazyCawi

Have you ridden one yet? Amazing bike but the heat from the undertail exhaust is not for everyone...
nope I Plan to either tomorrow or the following day. Who knows I may not even like it

Detrich

lol... u will like it CC :) i don't know anyone who's ridden a 675 and not liked it. hahahaha but yah- insurance on SS's sucks! well, not unless u've been licensed for 3 years with zero tix and/ or accidents. but, honestly, if you love sport biking, then a SS is where you want to be ultimately. don't get me wrong- love the 6R still. but, honestly, the more i ride the R6, the more i find myself loving the power & weight & riding position. it just takes time and patience to get better at riding it... hahaha. after a while the 6R feels heavy and sluggish in comparison. but, it's absolutely great for longer rides. i think because they are so different, they can peacefully co-exist in your garage... hahaha

Last edited:

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

iSpoolin

Is everybody in the world gonna get a 675? LOL its a great bike but damn lol This would make like 3-4 people just from this site.

Anyway thats EXACTLY what I did, the FZ6R is going into surgery today to be lowered for my fiancee.

bmw675

Is everybody in the world gonna get a 675? LOL its a great bike but damn lol This would make like 3-4 people just from this site.
:rockon:

you will love it, don't kid yourself. if you are not 100% sure on getting a bike, than don't let the dealer start it up, 'hook-line-sinker' there. :D

and my insurance went up but not a crazy amount, went from 390-569. $15 a month isn't going to be a deal breaker.

edit: don't forget to look at the street triple. still a 675, but it is a naked version and has a riding position that appears to be more like the fz6r (i may be wrong). has a handle bar on top instead of clip ons underneath ect.

Last edited:

Soapartist

She really wants a bike....as in shes tired of riding on the back, signed up for MSF classes and everything. SOOOOOOO beings I already put on almost 5k on the fz this year...Im considering giving her the fz and upgrading myself. Now this isnt a joke like the trike thread Im actually being serious here. Considering an 07 daytona 675 in red I found. I know I love the fz, its been an amazing bike...But I think with how forgiving the bike is its perfect for the fiance IMO, and itll be lowered for her as well. Rather than getting her a newer 250 or something this allows me to upgrade while she still has a nice bike as well with power to keep up but not to much either. Im not sure how soon this will pan out or how we will go about it but we will see.

here is a pic of the 675...its at a local dealer here, ill probably go test drive it tomorrow or the following day.

View attachment 22492
I say let her decide what she wants to do.
She may or may not like the FZ6R... but what's not to like? She may want the NEW bike:D.

iSpoolin

:rockon:

you will love it, don't kid yourself. if you are not 100% sure on getting a bike, than don't let the dealer start it up, 'hook-line-sinker' there. :D

and my insurance went up but not a crazy amount, went from 390-569. $15 a month isn't going to be a deal breaker.

edit: don't forget to look at the street triple. still a 675, but it is a naked version and has a riding position that appears to be more like the fz6r (i may be wrong). has a handle bar on top instead of clip ons underneath ect.
Mine was about the same on the FZ and the 675. 300$ a year for the FZ, 307 for the 675 haha

Crocop43

That bike looks really nice....go for it I thought about giving my fiancé my fz but she decided she wanted something else but I do agree perfect bike for a beginner. But I think It really boils down to is does she really want it?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajiribarren

Street Triple R? FZ1? So many to choose from...
+1...

Don't get me wrong, the Daytona is a great machine, but when I test rode it I found it a little too warm on the family jewels.

The Street Triple R is a terrific bike as well. Hell, part of the fun is looking for that bike that best suits you.

Happy bike hunting mate!:D

bmw675

+1...

Don't get me wrong, the Daytona is a great machine, but when I test rode it I found it a little too warm on the family jewels.
Mine haven't hard boiled yet, but i do feel the heat on my legs. Its been 90's here the last couple days. so i would say, what i feel now is about the worst it is going to get.

iSpoolin

+1...

The Street Triple R is a terrific bike as well. Hell, part of the fun is looking for that bike that best suits you.

Happy bike hunting mate!:D
I haven't had any problems with that on mine, i'm always nice and comfy :cool:

CrazyCawi

I say let her decide what she wants to do.
She may or may not like the FZ6R... but what's not to like? She may want the NEW bike:D.
She wants the 6r...when we went to the stealership yesterday to look at 250's thats when she turned and told me she doesnt want a 250 she wants our fz :iconbeer:

iSpoolin

She wants the 6r...when we went to the stealership yesterday to look at 250's thats when she turned and told me she doesnt want a 250 she wants our fz :iconbeer:
I wish my girl would go with a 250. She thinks its a baby bike though and won't touch it. I'm scared of her on the FZ lol but i'll let her try it.

CrazyCawi

I wish my girl would go with a 250. She thinks its a baby bike though and won't touch it. I'm scared of her on the FZ lol but i'll let her try it.
well the thing is, im going to possibly change the gearing to decrease the acceleration otherwise just do the 17T sprocket swap and we run on the highways alot and pushing 70 on a 250 she will be in the HIGH RPM range which will make for alot more of a dangerous situ I think, and hard on the bike