The Best LEVERS' Deal you will EVER find

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MikeRides

Maybe when you reinstalled the lever without bushing and tightened you bent the housing a little closer together. That's the only reason I can think that the stock bushing wouldn't fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Oh, you might be right - as I recall I think I went pretty tight. After work I'll see if I can bend the housing out a bit. Thanks.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MikeRides

No problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Got it fixed, but holy cow was that more of an ordeal than it should have been. Had to pry my housing with crescent wrenches (leaving scuffs of course), lube everything up, pound in the new lever (leaving more scuffs, of course) and then basically hammer in the bolt - scuffing it too. I feel like an ape.

Let this be a warning to future lever purchasers: if your aftermarket levers don't come with a collar/bushing in the clutch lever, do not forget to transfer the stock one, or you'll pinch the housing together and won't be able to get it back in.

Riccochet

Don't know about you, but I don't want any kind of "blade" facing my fingers. Looks like a recipe for missing digits if you go down or hit something.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

mxw1090

Does anyone who bought these have small hands? Does it adjust to a shorter distance than the stock lever? I'm looking an adjustable clutch lever that will work for someone with VERY small hands. Before you start harassing me, I'm a very short old lady that happens to prefer sportier bikes. I have a 2014 Red FZ6R. Lowered so I can get my toes on the ground. The brake lever is adjustable but the clutch is not. I picked up an adjustable lever from cycle gear, the speed metal brand, but at the lowest setting it is the same as the stock clutch lever. I've been riding a long time (40+ years) and I'm used to reaching for the cutch with fingertips, but age is catching up with me and arthirtic joints would prefer less of a reach. I had a Ninja 650 that had an adjustable clutch lever stock which worked great, not sure why Yamaha only has the brake adjustable.

lwclancers

I have super small hands and these adjust just fine!

scott5626

I just got these a couple days ago. They didn't send the color I requested. I asked for titanium and blue they sent me black and blue. I have to install them still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sillysoviet

Got them in the mail a few weeks back. Haven't looked back. Great fit and finish :D. Only con is wish the levers were slightly shorter.

mxw1090

Picked up a set of the shorty levers. Who ever started this thread is right on! These levers were my best investment. I tried a set of levers from Cycle Gear, do not remember the brand, but on the lowest setting they were the same or slightly farther out than the stock ones, so returned them.

I have the2wheels levers set on 2 and they are perfect for my small hands. they look great and can't beat the price.

etrnalone

anyone had any issues with the color fading from the sun? i got some a while back (dont remember exactly what brand) but the black has now faded to a kinda goldish chrome looking color on top and still black underneath.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member