Thanks to the forum members!!

Roaddawg

I finally sold my "other woman"! :( I used to be a very active member here, but I haven't been on the forums for a long while now, since I just really haven't been riding my bike much over the last couple years. I finally decided to sell her and get her to a new home with someone that will be able to keep her breathing and going.

I want to thank all of those members over the past 5 years (Marthy, Joloy, 99Vengeur, Detrich, and many others), as we helped each other discover new ways to improve our bikes and test new things out on them...since the aftermarket was slow to catch up. It was fun figuring out new mods and seeing if it would work or not...and then moving onto the next attempted mod. With the help and discussions here, I finally had gotten that bike dialed in as a perfect setup for me...and loved every moment of it.

I'm going to miss that bike, but she served her main purpose (commuting) and I'm selling her to a buddy of mine that will take care of her. I have a red 1965 Mustang 289 V8 that's been vying for my attention for the past 5 years, so its time to get the "Redhead" running again. (especially since its the 50th anniversary of the Mustang)

Just for stats: I bought my 2009 in April of that year. At about the second oil change, I began putting the Rotella T6 synthetic and Purolator filters on it. Today, it has over 31,400 miles on it and still runs just as good (if not better) than it did the first day I rode it home. Bulletproof motor...if you take care of it.

I was kind of laughing when I logged in and saw that people are still asking some of the same questions that have been answered on the forums for years....Here's some quick answers to questions I've gotten in the past:

YES, Rotella T6 oil is awesome (and cheap at Walmart). If your dropping big cash on "fancy name" oils...boo....T6 is just as good. Purolator filters work great too. Do frequent oil changes and she'll keep purring.

YES, Clean, lube, and adjust your chain frequently...it will last so much longer and ride smoother.

YES, the 15 tooth front sprocket makes the speedo accurate, gives better gas mileage, and you can still haul enough *** enough...if needed.

YES, Shinko tires are great for sport touring riding AND they are priced great. I've put on three sets and they were better than the stock ones.

YES, The "5-minute free exhaust" mod is the best FREE mod you can do on the bike. Sounds better, doesn't change the look, doesn't effect the back pressure, bike runs great....If you're not wanting to drop $1000 on new exhaust, this mod is a must...IMO

And most importantly....

YES, despite what others might say, the real truth is the Raven (Black color) IS THE FASTEST AND SEXIEST color of them all...hands down!!! :cool:

Thanks again and if anyone has questions about the bike, send me an email/PM. :iconbeer:

Attachments

Last edited:

latony007

Sorry you had to let her go. I bet you tear up when he takes it away :(
good luck on the stang, although i would have kept the bike for sure lol.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Sorry to see your bike go; you were one of the members I had singled out as one to listen to when I joined as a complete noob after buying my 2010. I hope you will stick your head in the door here and then and share your experience with the ones who haven't made it as far as we have yet. With the 50th anniversary of the Mustang, now is a really cool time to be rocking a '65, even if it's nowhere near as cool as a 2-wheeler :p I hope it's fun for you and that you get all there is to get out of it.

Roaddawg

Bought my wife the new 2014 Honda Civic Si this past weekend! She wanted a small, sporty car and she's a Honda fan...so this fit the bill perfect for her. Also, this might help with the loss of my bike. :) I'm not an import tuner kinda guy, but this thing is freaking badass. Very quick for a little 4cyl and turns on rails. Very fun car. Hopefully, she lets me drive it once in a while. :p

I'll have to get some better pics when I get it out on the road. This is when it had 20 miles on it and the dealer was giving her a rundown on the gizmos inside.

Attachments