Targa Fender Eliminator Kit

nlpyle

Ok, so i have ordered my kit a few days ago and should be here today:rockon:. I am very excited to see it and install it. Now my question, for any of you that have this kit are or were there any issues trying to install it? It says should be easy but come on, that is not always true. So if anyone has an helpful advice that would be great. Thanks a million

Nate

Ok, install is done. Issues that I cam across with the install that might help others are:
Put the kit together off the bike. get all the wires together so you can push them through with out the plate screwed on, just makes it easier.
The lights, do not over tighten, they will pop off the and you will end up having to tape it back together(like i did)
So those were the only things that I ran into that gave me a hard time, but never doing anything like this before it took me just under three hours.
And yes I will post pics later, cause i know it does not exist with out pics.
Hope this helps someone with their future Targa fender kit.

Last edited:

YamaDon

At least I'm not alone! Installed mine the other day - and the same thing happened with one of the signals! Other than that, the Targa kit is great.

bmw675

add me to the list of broken signals, i just put the stock ones back on, i think they're more visible anyways.

nlpyle

ya my wife would agree that the stock lights are better but i like the little ones, and I ride mostly at night sense I work overnights and they light up quite nicely.
Am very glad that I was not the only one with that issue. So far the tape seems to be holding and it really doesn't stick out.

bmw675

did anyone else by chance notice, at least mine i bought through ebay, that the lights are not dot approved. thats what it said in the directions atleast.

arcflash316

Not to bash the targa product because i know its a good product, but I am selling FE's made of Aluminum that do hold the stock turn signals and use LED's for license plate illumination....if anybody's interested? I have an ebay ad.... Targa has taken a lot of my business because they are an actual company, and I am a welder/fabricator who just wants to make some side money....DAMN those CORPORATE BASTARDS....j/k

But seriously, buy my product

porky45

no offense....errrr....but your kit is $75 and with your $12 shipping it actually amounts to be more than Targa...which gives you all the wiring and extra components if you do want to go with the cat eye signals and led's

just sayin....;)

arcflash316

ya actually the bracket alone is $45 with nothing extra...... and nothing else is needed to install the original design not even wiring, but i changed the design and added LED's and wiring splicing sleeves for the license plate which cost me an extra $25 so I think that I am staying competitive....plus I am not a big company that has a ton of money to mass produce and lower my price based on the quantity I can fabricate.....waterjet time aint cheap my friend, and I am doing all of the fab, brake work, and welding....gimme a break

Verranth

I too have the Targa, and unlike you guys, I have had 0 problems with anything on that kit. The lights attached perfectly, nothing came loose, and all but 1 stupid washer was not included, which gave me a trip to Lowe's. Other than that it was perfect.

Sorry you guys had that snag.

TargaGM

Free Replacment Targa Turn Signals

Hello,
For those of you that have had an issue with our (Targa) turn signals please email me directly at [email protected] with your name and address. We will ship a replacment set to you at no charge. Please include who you bought the kit from and/or an invoice number if you bought it directly from us.

ME_with_a_B

I ordered this FE kit today.

I'm hoping they ship it quickly... I wait forever to order parts, but then when I finally do -- I get anxious and want it to get delivered right away!! :rolleyes:

JSP

Super Moderator
I ordered this FE kit today.

I'm hoping they ship it quickly... I wait forever to order parts, but then when I finally do -- I get anxious and want it to get delivered right away!! :rolleyes:
I know what ya mean! :D Waited 2 years and finally ordered a dark smoke shield for my helmet, but I'm goin crazy waiting for it and its only been 2 days ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
M

mas4489

I ordered my Targa F.E. a few weeks ago, they had just sent the last one right when i ordered mine. I decided to wait cause its something i made my mind up that i wanted. I got the one with the LED turn signals. It was pretty easy to install but I did have 1 issue.
There are 4 - 8mm flat washers that came with the kit, 1 goes on e the turn signal, then the turn signal goes through the hole on the license plate holder, then another flat washer, then lock washer, then nut... same for other side. The washers they sent were too small, i had to go to Home Depot to get replacements, I ended up getting 10mm flat washers and the package only had 3.
Plus I forgot about the instruction change and only thought I needed 2 so I ended up only putting the 1 on the inside of each turn signal. I hope its not too big of a deal??

dragoato

I ordered my Targa F.E. a few weeks ago, they had just sent the last one right when i ordered mine. I decided to wait cause its something i made my mind up that i wanted. I got the one with the LED turn signals. It was pretty easy to install but I did have 1 issue.
There are 4 - 8mm flat washers that came with the kit, 1 goes on e the turn signal, then the turn signal goes through the hole on the license plate holder, then another flat washer, then lock washer, then nut... same for other side. The washers they sent were too small, i had to go to Home Depot to get replacements, I ended up getting 10mm flat washers and the package only had 3.
Plus I forgot about the instruction change and only thought I needed 2 so I ended up only putting the 1 on the inside of each turn signal. I hope its not too big of a deal??
How long did you have to wait to get the part? I ordered mine from fatbikez.com over a month ago and they keep telling me that it's on backorder and it will take another 10 days before it's in. I was told that it will ship tomorrow for sure. If it doesn't, I will have to call my CC company and have them cancel the charge.

ME_with_a_B

ME_with_a_B

Ummmm... mine comes with the same "amber cat eye" turn signals as offered in that Ebay listing. :confused:

Last edited: